Chapter 220: Having A Date Behind His Back

Justin paused in his tracks.

Nora and Pete also stopped.

All three of them simultaneously thought—’It’s lucky that we left Cherry in the training gym.’ Otherwise, our family of four would have run into one another. I really won’t know what to do if that happens!

1

They stared at one another while facing one another. Due to their guilty consciences, all of them were rather awkward.

Justin was the first to come back to his senses. He asked, “Why are you here, Ms. Smith? Are you here to visit Pete?”

Nora breathed a sigh of relief. “Yeah.”

Pete’s lip corners spasmed. From the looks of it, he wouldn’t be able to leave with Mommy anymore today.

Justin fell silent for a while. Then, he finally suggested, “In that case, how about having Pete go with you to the Andersons’ to play?”

Pete, “?”

The tyrant had always kept a very strict eye on him. No matter where he went, he would always be accompanied by a group of bodyguards. Why was he suddenly allowing him to go back with Mommy now?

Pete looked at the tyrant hesitantly, thinking that perhaps he had already sensed something. However, the man remained expressionless and no one could see through his thoughts.

Nora didn’t expect the problem to be resolved so easily. The two children could also bond with each other if they went to the Andersons, so she nodded and replied, “Okay!”

She stroked her chin.

This was a rare opportunity. Should she just get a private jet and straight-up run away with the two babies?

1

Just as she was thinking about it, Justin chuckled and said, “It’s my fault.”

Nora, “?”

What mistake was he admitting to when everything was fine?

The next moment, Justin straightened his back, adjusted his tie, and said, “I was too busy lately, so I didn’t spend any time with you, causing you to have designs on Pete again.”

Nora, “!!!”

The corners of her lips spasmed. She was about to speak when the scumbag went on. He said, “It doesn’t look like Ms. Smith is very busy every day, either. Why don’t we have a date once every two days?”

“… You’re a very busy man, Mr. Hunt. We don’t have to go to such trouble.”

“Not at all.”

Justin leaned against the wall and overlooked the adult-child pair from the top. Nora’s almond-shaped eyes raised slightly and the corners of her lips spasmed a little.

Pete’s lip corners also spasmed and he looked at Justin with disdain.

Justin ignored the look in his son’s eyes and calmly said, “You and I have already reached this stage in our relationship. Wouldn’t I have lived the past twenty-odd years of my life in vain if I still allow work to chain down my freedom? I can just handle my work affairs every other day instead, just like how you only do two operations a month, right, Dr. Anti?”

Nora, “!!”

The corners of her lips spasmed. Left with no other reason to refute him with, she could only say resignedly, “If you say so.”

Then, she took Pete’s hand and got ready to leave.

She had only just taken a couple of steps when her cell phone suddenly rang.