67

A/n:
I'm obsessed with Monsta X - One Day. It's so...!!!

- ° ° • . __ . • ° ° -

Jimin sat confused, staring at his worried boyfriend. The way Jungkook's wide shoulders drooped and Adam's apple quivered as he gulped did nothing to reassure the blonde's worry. The tattoo artist was kneeling in front of him, palms rested over Jimin's calves which he gently clung on to. His face was pale and eyes seemed to jump from one corner of Jimin's face to another, as if too stressed to stay still. Jungkook looked so broken that Jimin almost stopped him from talking.

Kook's eyes told him everything - this would shock him, this would hurt him, hurt them both. Jimin could already tell that Jungkook had been sitting on this knowledge for a long time, letting it eat him from the inside, stress him out, hurt him. He recognised the hurt and desperation in Kook's eyes - it was the same look he'd had through the last months.

He wanted it to stop.

"You're scaring me, Koo. What's going on?"

After the loss they both went through, Jimin had fallen in love with Jeon Jungkook even more. He hadn't known that would even be possible, but the support and never-ending patience made Jungkook glow in his eyes like never before.

Jimin wanted to know what had made his man so worried. Wanted to ease the pain, to listen and to help him cope with whatever it was - just like Jungkook had helped him all those months. His own fists squeezed so tight that Jimin's hands shook, making them both sit there staring at each other in deafening silence.

"It's about our daughter," Jungkook finally whispered. His eyes were already glossy, brows already drawn together, voice shaky and pleading. "There's som-something I neglected to tell y-you."

Jimin's blood ran cold for a brief moment, thoughts of different terrible scenarios plaguing his mind without mercy. He'd known there was more to tell, known there was something Jungkook didn't tell him. He'd understood just recently that some of the things would have broken him more if Jimin had figured them out sooner, but now he wanted to know. He wanted to ease Jungkook's suffering by sharing whatever was killing his boyfriend's soul.

The therapy sessions and visiting his doctor had helped him come to terms that their daughter was gone and there was nothing they could do to bring her back. That didn't mean the pain of the loss was eased, it just made it purer. They would always miss their baby, always wonder what could have been if everything went down more smoothly, more efficiently.

Jimin was ready to find the last piece of the puzzle that had crushed their family that day. He was scared of the truth, but he needed to know.

"What?" His voice was soft, so quiet Kook almost didn't hear it.

"I'll tell you now," Jungkook grabbed Jimin's hands desperately, voice shaking like a leaf. "I'll tell you everything, just, pl-please, listen. Please u-understand, my love. I beg you--"

"Okay, Koo, okay," Jimin murmured back in a soothing tone. His heart was squeezing and his breath felt shallow as he tried to stay calm for his Kookah. Jimin clutched Jungkook's fingers in his, leaned closer to the kneeling man and tried to give him a reassuring smile. It came out more pained than anything.

"Please don't hate me for it."

It made tears gather in Jimin's eyes. "Jungkook, I love you more than I love myself. Nothing you could say would make me hate you. You're my--" he choked, aware that the words now both stung and warmed them, "--you're my everything."

"I love you, Jimin."

He nodded. "I love you, too."

"And you know I loved our baby."