68

A/n:
this chap will be in 2 parts. I advise you to read (at least) the 2nd part slowly, to enjoy it more. trust me.

- ° ° • . __ . • ° ° -

"Next to receive their diploma is... Park Jimin!"

A moment after, the auditorium was overswept with applause and cheers, the enthusiasm - almost overpowering.

Being a dedicated and loving man, Jungkook cheered the loudest. After all, his baby boy finally finishing university was not something that happened often. He sat in the front line, eyes cast up and gleaming with pride as he watched his boyfriend step onto the stage to receive his degree.

Jimin was beaming. If anyone asked Jungkook, he'd definitely tell that his smile was the brightest of them all, the most genuine. Even though it hid the most pain beneath the beautiful features. Told the most agonizing stories...

The years spent in university had not been kind to the young man. He'd toiled to accept his mother's hatred, struggled to forget her and let the woman go. He'd fought the prejudice of the dance industry, rebelling against the system and proudly showing his skin no matter the chosen performance. Jimin's determination had actually landed the dancer his first real job - as a part of the dance crew which embraced the differences, challenged the stereotypes and demanded attention from the common crowd. It had been the first step to success, and Jungkook had been more than just happy to encourage him every step of the way. It wasn't hard to love his boy and the growing fanbase seemed to prove it constantly.

Still, the biggest heartbreak of Jimin's life had been the loss of their baby. A mistake that neither of them could fix. There were still days when Jungkook found his baby boy crying over a black and white ultrasound picture, sniffling and whaling quietly, longing for a tiny bundle of joy he'd never even managed to hold. But then there were days when Jimin found Kook doing the same, reminiscing over the time they spent in preparation as they awaited the arrival of their family's third member. They didn't blame each other for the loss. They didn't yell their frustrations out in anger into the other's face. Jungkook and Jimin drew strength from being together, from having a dream of sometime in the future having their own little one running around the house.

Nothing came simply to them.

But even after all that had happened, everything that they both had gone through, Jimin still smiled. He smiled as he walked to have the diploma handed to him, smiled as he shook his teacher's hand, smiled as he turned to the crowd, bright eyes finding Jungkook's.

They smiled together.

"You're more in love than ever," Taehyung murmured beside him, his slender palms finishing his final clap.

The tattoo artist could only grin. "It's a common phenomenon, Tae. Every day I love him more than I loved him the day before."

"Jesus," his bestie sighed while Jungkook just watched Jimin leave the stage. His anticipation to give his boy a celebratory kiss was bubbling underneath his skin.

Jimin had already performed and there was no need to stay seated for much longer. Alas, he did not want to look rude in the eyes of everyone there, so he ordered his ass to stay put until the next break arrived. It was torture in a way. Kook kept fidgeting to a point where Taehyung had to elbow him in the ribs and hiss to calm the fuck down.

When he was finally out of the auditorium and his boyfriend was right before his eyes, Jungkook quickened his step and crashed into the blonde without a second's thought. The tattoo artist heard Jimin's breath hitch as he swept him up, hugging him close and tight. The soft giggles that followed were dampened by Jungkook's shoulder while Jimin wrapped his limbs around him.