29

A/n:
Lololollll I am back~~~
It looks like the best pace for IW is to update a chapter once a week. I know it's slow af, but I just don't want it to be shitty.

So here we are again :D
Enjoy

(and per usual, even tho I AM NOT A SOFT PERSON!!!)

I sarang you~~💜💜

_________________________________

Jungkook was half asleep, still hugging the pillow he embraced after he sent the ignored message to his smol boy.

Maybe Jimin was too busy catching up with his dad, or maybe the blond young man had already fallen asleep. Either way, the answer text did not come, so Jungkook just closed his eyes. He inhaled the smell Jimin had left on the pillow and tried to calm his mind.

The drifting to his Dreamland was interrupted by the sudden ringing of his obnoxious phone signal.

"Whoever it is, I swear to---"

It was Jimin.

Jungkook didn't hesitate. "Hey baby boy," he picked up. The thought of Jimin calling him, filled Kook's heart with glittering, pink and gooey liquid that he could describe only as the overflowing feel of pure happiness.

But the smile stopped spreading over his face when Jungkook heard the younger's voice. "Kookah..."

It sounded like a croak. Like the smaller was trying to keep his voice from shaking, keep his nose from running, and heart from breaking too loudly.

"Jimin, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just... just wanted to hear your voice."

"I'm here, so you can listen all you want."

Jimin chuckled. It was a weak sound, followed by a tiny sniff, but Jungkook still loved it. He craved to hear more of it.

The younger sighed. "How are you real?"

"I'm not, sweetheart," Jungkook chuckled. "I'm all fiction. But I'll always be real for you."

The boy hummed.

"Where are you right now?"

"I'm at home. Just had dinner," Kook could hear the smaller wrap himself up in his blanket.

"Good," the man nodded, "did you eat a lot?"

The line was silent for a moment before Jimin stuttered, "Y-yes. I ate loads and l-loads of food!"

Jungkook somehow felt that he was lying. Jimin sounded exhausted both physically and mentally. His voice cracked and the sniffles still interrupted his speech, but Kook did not want to state out the obvious. He hoped that Jimin would tell what was on his mind by his own will.

"I have to confess to something." Jimin's tone was soft and unsure. Its quietness creating a calming atmosphere in Jungkook's darkened room.

"What is it, dear?"

"I have known you for less than two weeks, but I feel like the connection we have is stronger than my connection to some people I have known my whole life."

Was he talking about his mom?

"I appreciate you, Kookah. And I miss you too," he sighed.

Jungkook allowed himself to smile then. It felt right to hear the boy's voice. It felt right to repeat the words back to him again, and confess his own feelings.