Chapter 11

(Ami) Hey there, are you guys home? Up for a chat?

(NJ) Yup we are here, want us to call?

(Ami)Nope, I'm just outside, can I come up?

(NJ) I'll be right down to grab you. He jumped up from the table and ran out the door.

-A couple of minutes later-

"Hey, thanks for the food, it was really good!" Tae said when she walked in the door with Namjoon. "Glad you liked it." She smiled as she dropped her stuff and joined them at the table. "Mind if we talk?"

They all adjusted in their seats and gave her their full attention, they were all nervous about what she was going to say.

"So... global superstars, huh?" She said looking at all of them, a matter of factly. Jin laughed nervously, "Well, yeah..it's our day job."

"Hell of a day job." She shook her head as she smiled, "So, you guys have put it all on the table, knowing it could go a couple of different ways. So I'm going to give you the same courtesy. Here's the thing. I have really enjoyed our friendship so far. I'm aware we have only hung out technically a few times, but each time has been easy, relaxing, and just... nice. There aren't any expectations other than just enjoying each other's company, which I don't know about you guys, but for me is refreshing." She was looking them all in the eyes while she spoke to them. Namjoon was watching her, admiring her confidence and clarity as she spoke.

"I have spent the day walking and thinking about what changes now that I 'know', and it comes down to this. I don't 'know' that other side of you all. I don't 'know' the RM, Suga, V, J-hope.. Or even Augst D." She smiled as she looked at Yoongi. The guys loved that she called them by their other names, "The only people I 'know' are the people that helped me when I was sick, dropped everything to walk me home after dark without asking, and enjoyed just hanging out getting to know me. Those are the people I know, and those people I enjoy being friends with."

"But we are entertainers as well, what about that side?" Namjoon spoke up.

She sat back in her chair and looked at him, "I haven't met them yet. I can't base my opinions on experiences I haven't had. Now, it's not to say it feels a bit overwhelming to think there is this entirely different side to you all that involves, what appears, half of the known world."

The boys just laughed and relaxed a bit in their seats realizing she wasn't running away.

"But...the thought of not hanging out or staying friends because of that, I don't want that. So," She let out a big sigh, "I guess the ball is back in your court where we go from here. I'm sure there are issues or logistics I know nothing about. I'll leave it to you guys to decide how much you want to tell me or include me."

"Ami," Jimin said seriously, "It can be hard to be friends with us. Our fans can be ruthless, if we are seen with you or they figure out who you are and that you know us, it can get scary for you. We don't want that for you."

She hadn't heard Jimin talk with that tone in his voice before, "That makes my heart sad, Jimin. You guys should be allowed to have your own lives, regardless of how popular you are. But I have to correct you on one thing", she said firmly.

"What's that?" Tae asked her.

"It's not hard to be friends with you, any of you. You have good heartS, it's easy to want to spend time with you. The other stuff is just logistical to me." Ami spoke very straightforwardly to them.

"It's just something we have to be aware of. We wouldn't want to do anything that would make it hard for you." Yoongi was thinking back on their past experiences, everything from just online rumors to people showing up where they shouldn't, it was always a concern.

"Listen. I'm not a delicate flower." She smiled at them. "But, noted. I wouldn't want to do anything that would make things difficult for you guys either. Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and let you know what I was thinking. I should get home, and let you guys get on with your evening." Ami stood up and smiled.

"Oh, you have to go so soon?" Jungkook said sadly, he was hoping she would stay a bit longer.

She looked over and gave Jungkook a sweet smile. "I got a job and I have to work tomorrow, so I need to get back home." She got up and headed towards the door to gather her stuff.

Namjoon stood up and put his jacket and hat on. Ami didn't even protest, as she knew it was not going to do any good. As she was busy getting her stuff, he picked up the back key card that she had left behind and looked at the guys. He held it up and asked with a look if he should give it back to her. They all nodded yes without hesitation.

"Goodnight guys, have a good week." She said looking back at them with a little wave.

"Night Ami! Talk to you soon!" Jimin called back. "Goodnight" the rest of the guys added. Namjoon opened the door for her and they headed out.

"She's amazing," Jin said after they left. Everyone agreed with a sigh of relief.

"I didn't know how that was going to go when she came in," Hobi said thinking back on the entire conversation. "I just hope we can keep her under wraps so she doesn't have any run-ins with fans," Yoongi added as he looked at them all.

Namjoon walked Ami home, "I can understand why you were cautious to tell me. It's a pretty big deal." Ami said, putting her hands in her pockets. "It's been hard to trust people." Namjoon replied, "We only really truly trust each other in the group. You never know when people have underlying motives. It can get tiring, always second guessing everyone."

"I'm sure. I'm sorry you guys have to live that way. It seems like you can have anything you can want, but the simplest things can slip through your fingers." Ami had a sad tone in her voice, realizing there were things they probably gave up for what they have now.

"It feels that way sometimes," Namjoon said, staring off into the distance. They walked in silence up the lane and up to her door. "Want to come in for a few minutes before you go?" She asked, turning to look at him, she kind of hoped he would want to.

He looked down at her and gave her a dimpled smile, "No, I should get back. But hey, we have something for you." He pulled the black key card out of his pocket. "Did you forget this?"

"Oh! No, I mean, you didn't say I should keep it.. so I just figured it was a one-time use thing. I didn't want to assume..." He thought it was cute when she was flustered.

He picked up her hand and put the key card in it. "We want you to have it and want you to know you can come to our place if you need to, anytime. We have security there, whether we are there or not, day or night. You may find in the future you feel more comfortable there. This will also get you in our apartment. So please, if you need to, just come. The guest room is always open to you, OK?" He had a look on his face that told her he meant everything he was saying.

Ami stood there with her mouth open. "I-I don't know what to say..." she stuttered.

Namjoon smiled at her. "Being friends with us comes with some perks, as well as some downfalls, but we are going to try to keep it in the perks zone and hopefully keep the downfalls at bay."

She was processing everything, knowing she didn't understand the extent of what their lives entailed. Giving her a 'key' to their place, while in the real world seemed fast, she was surprised she felt more at ease with them giving it to her. "Thank you," she said quietly, she turned and unlocked her door. He held it open for her as she went inside and turned on the lights. "Good luck this week starting your new job, let us know how it goes, OK?" He smiled.

"I will. Talk to you all later this week. Goodnight and thanks for walking me home." As she took off her coat, he flipped the lock, told her goodnight, and shut the door.