Chapter 28

This chapter has a Spotify playlist associated with it.

Cut and Paste the link into a new browser tab. You will be instructed when to play it.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0cXkoBrJwyYEvmbhmOKLn3

These songs give you an idea of what Ami's sound is, just use your imagination. :) Enjoy!

Ami had been watching Yoongi work on his computer for a long time. He poured himself into his music and work, almost to the point of exhaustion sometimes. She had been thinking about something for a while and finally decided to talk to him about it, wandering over as she sat down next to him. "Hey Yoon, do you have a minute?" He took off his headphones and looked over at her, "Sure, what's up?"

"So, do you remember a while ago you talked to me about making music?" He could feel himself get excited, "Mmmmm..." he said back to her. Ami took a deep breath and said, "Well, I've been thinking about it for a bit, and while I can't see doing things on a scale that you all do, I think I want to explore what that might look like. Would you help me?" He could tell she was uncomfortable and nervous just talking about it with him, but the fact she was at all made him really happy.

"Absolutely. How about this, let's go to my studio tomorrow, just you and me, and we can start to talk. Does that sound OK?" He didn't want to push her, but he had been thinking about what she could do for a long time and was excited she finally wanted to try.

"That sounds great. Thank you." He could hear the sound of relief in her voice.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" He looked at her with a tilt of his head. "Why me, why not Namjoon? He's an amazing producer."

Ami sat back down and thought for a minute. "Because it's business. I'm in love with him, and if I ever pursue this for real, I want to work with someone who will also look at it as just business. I very much want his opinion and need it, but I don't want it through rose-colored glasses, and I don't know if I can trust myself that what he is saying isn't just lip service because I'm his girlfriend. It's a 100% me thing. Also, I don't think that looks great from a PR standpoint for the girlfriend being produced by her boyfriend. How will that be received if I ever did anything for real? I know what I would think."

She stopped and took a breath, "I have watched you work and how you handle music, the group, and other artists. You have a real sense of what the artist needs and what they are capable of. You know how to pull it out of people before they know they can do it, and do it in a way they don't even realize it." She paused, "I have full trust you will not put me in a position that I would not be ready for, even if I don't realize it yet. With that, I will be 100% honest with you about how I am feeling so you can gauge where I'm and what I might be missing."

Yoongi sat there, mouth wide open. The amount of self-insight and insight into her surroundings was astonishing. She took everything in and could read between the lines of situations. He had watched her a lot over the last month as she healed from her injuries. He noticed her quiet calm but she was never oblivious. She watched the guys as they interacted with each other. She could tell when something was bothering someone, and she just did enough to show they weren't alone. They never had to say anything, she was just there in the right capacity for them. She especially watched Namjoon. You could see the love between them, but they never put it on full display in front of everyone. They understood the group and didn't make it awkward.

Yoongi said in all sincerity, "Ami, you have no idea how excited I am to work with you... as an artist and as a person. I know you don't think you know what you are doing, but I can tell you, you have more insight than some veterans do in this business. On top of that, your voice is untouchable, I cannot wait until tomorrow." He leaned over and hugged her.