Chapter 44

"Hey, baby, can you open your eyes?" Ami had slept most of the plane ride back home. She opened her eyes and saw Joon, he was kneeling down, pushing the hair off her face. The plane had landed and he was there to help her off the plane. "Come on, let's get you home," he said, quietly.

Ami stood up and walked down the stairs of the plane to a private car, Mr. Su joined them climbing in the front seat, and they got in and drove off.

On the way home, Namjoon took her hand, he looked down and saw the bruises starting to form on her arms. He was so angry someone had touched her, let alone left marks on her, but him being angry wasn't what she needed right now.

"Baby, can you look at me?" Ami looked over at him, "Joon." she whispered. He wanted to pull her into a hug but didn't know if that was going to be much for her. She leaned over to lay on his shoulder and he just wrapped his arm around her to hold her.

"Are you OK?" he asked quietly.  "No." she eventually responded.   "Do you need a doctor, I will take you to one right now." He asked, looking up and meeting eyes with Mr. Su.  "No. I just need to go home." she whispered   "Whatever you need." He said and kissed her on her head.  She leaned over and wrapped her arm across his waist and held him all the way home.

They got back to the apartment and Namjoon asked her gently, "Where do you want me to take you, your place or mine?"

She thought for a minute and just said, "Yours please." He unlocked the door and led her through the apartment.

The guys knew she was coming home early, that something had happened but didn't know what. They were worried when Namjoon got the call and ran out of the apartment without taking the time to explain. When they saw her walk in, it broke their heart. They didn't say anything to her, and they weren't sure she saw any of them as she walked through.

Mr. Su followed them in and when he heard them shut the bedroom door he said, "We need to talk, let's go across the hall."

***

Namjoon led her into the room and she crawled onto the bed and curled up into a ball. He walked into the bathroom and got some ointment for her wrists and came back to sit down on the bed next to her. "Can I put this on you? It will help." He asked gently. She slowly sat up and held her arms out. He could see the fingermarks on them where she was grabbed and held. He carefully put some ointment on to soothe them. After he was done she intertwined her fingers in his.

"Thank you," she said as she leaned up against him.

"What can I do for you, honey? Name it, I will do anything." He didn't know how to help her, he knew he wanted to kill the man that touched her.

"Can you just hold me tonight? Maybe we can talk tomorrow." She said as she laid back down on the bed. Namjooon curled up behind her and held her tight. "Is this OK?" he asked. "Don't leave," she whispered. "Never," he replied.

***

The guys followed Mr. Su over to Ami's apartment and shut the door. "What happened?" Jin asked, nervously.

"How much do you know?" Mr. Su asked, looking at all of them.

"Namjoon said you called him this evening and then he ran out the door to meet you at the airport. He didn't go into details, but it sounded serious. Then when we saw her walk in, she just looked...broken. Is she OK?" Jimin was worried and sat down next to Tae on the couch.

"OK. So before she went I had one last meeting with her about the trip. She was asking a lot of detailed questions she needed answers to, and she had asked for a backup plan." He looked around the room, they were all nodding.