Chapter 25

Over the next two weeks Ami spent most of her time resting, the boys wouldn't let her do anything else. While her injuries didn't require a hospital stay, it took a long time for her to recover. Dr. Lee came and checked on her twice a day to make sure to catch any problems early if they arose, they were all relieved she didn't have any. The guys all took turns keeping an eye on her so she was never alone during the day, with Namjoon sleeping next to her every night. If they did have to all go somewhere together, Dr. Lee would come and stay. She appreciated all of them for effortlessly helping her.

The doctor had contacted her company to let them know she needed a month off to recover. They gave it to her with pay, due to the circumstances of what happened, so she used that time to decide if that was a job she wanted to go back to or not. So much had changed, and she never really considered it a forever job anyway, it would be a natural time to shift if needed.

After a couple of weeks of staying with the boys full time, she felt strong enough to officially move across the hall, although between her staying over with Namjoon or him staying with her, and the boys rotating in and out of her place, not too much felt different. They all liked to visit her place, as they felt it was such a calm place to decompress.

At the end of the month, she called her boss and let them know she wasn't coming back. It wasn't a job she was in love with, and honestly, she didn't want to go back there where he used to work.

Ami heard the phone ring and looked over, it was Jae. She had only texted her friends a couple of times over the past month, she just didn't have the energy for all the questions, but now it was probably time to touch base. She figured she would hear from them soon, being she turned in her notice with their boss.

"Ami! How are you? We have been worried about you." Jae had missed her friend and didn't know why she hadn't heard from her much over the past month.

"Oh hi Jae, thanks, I'm almost recovered, thanks for asking. How are you and Ji-Hoon doing? How is work?" Ami sat down on the couch and smiled at Namjoon as he slipped in the door of her apartment.

"It's not the same without you, of course, I can't believe you aren't coming back, I mean, I understand why, but I liked seeing you every day." She pouted on the phone. "I stopped by to check on you, but I must have had the wrong house, it was empty."

Namjoon saw her eyes get big, "Oh, yes, I couldn't live there anymore...I'm sure you understand why."

"I suppose, where did you move to? I hope it's not far." Jae whined, she just got her friend back and didn't want her to go far away again.

Ug, Ami did not miss the daily mindless conversation from her. She didn't want her to know where she moved to, or come looking for her. "Oh, I moved to the other side of town. I just needed a fresh start, you know?" Namjoon looked at her, questioningly. He had sat down next to her and was rubbing her leg.

"Well, we want to take you out to dinner, so we can all catch up, what do you think?" Jae said, trying to convince her to come out with them.

"Dinner?" Ami said with a pained expression. "I can't tonight, let me get back to you, I'll let you know what works, OK?"

"OK! I'll hold you to it!" Namjoon could hear Jae's excitement through the phone. "I'll call you tomorrow to set up a date. Take care!" and with that Ami set the phone down and looked at Namjoon with an exasperated look.

"Sounds like they want to see you." he said with a smile, "it would be good to see your friends, it's been a month." He continued to rub her legs.

"I know," Ami said with a sigh.

"Why did you tell her you moved farther away?" He asked, looking at her with his head tilted to the side.

"She came to my old house sometime this past month, to check on me. I don't want her snooping around here." She looked up at him, "She's a little bit of an airhead, but she's not dumb." she took his hand in hers.

"Well, you should set up a dinner date with them, I'm sure they would feel better seeing you in person." He smiled. He didn't want her to give up her friendships because of all of them. "Getting out of the building would be good for you." He leaned over and gave her a quick kiss.