Chapter 59

This chapter has a Spotify playlist associated with it.

There is a link below in the story, or Cut and Paste the link in a new browser tab. You will be instructed when to play it.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1fQnUKcCsppXhKkx4b0Lo0

These songs give you an idea of what Ami's sound is, just use your imagination. :) Enjoy!

The buzz was high that she had agreed to perform. Mr. Su helped Ami hire a new team just for her just for the event. There were 2 guys and 2 girls. They didn't know of her association with the boys, or her real name, except for the lead, Mr. Pak. Pak and Ami worked well together and knew what to expect from each other. He knew what was at stake, so he knew how to manage her team for her.

Pak and she worked with the award show to make sure she could stay anonymous, but they also had to assume something would go wrong and make plans for that as well. She watched the last few awards shows online so she could familiarize herself with the format. It was really a flashy event. Everyone had elaborate costumes and special effects, backup dancers, and such. Ami had none of that and didn't feel the need to put together a performance to match the others. They asked her to sing the song that was nominated, and she agreed.

She didn't go to the blocking and lighting checks, Pak and her team went to make sure it was coordinated correctly. One of them recorded it, so she could review what was expected of her. She did go to the sound check though. Her team told the show she couldn't make it and that she was sending a representative to do it for her. Ami dressed like the rest of her team, in a hat and mask, and went, watched and video recorded it. She didn't want to sing because she thought it would give her away, but the girl in her detail did, and that was enough for her to feel comfortable. She also liked to hear the sound in the room, it helped calm some of her nerves.

The one thing she told them she couldn't do, was sit in the audience. Usually, all the artists would sit in the audience and watch the show, but that wasn't going to work for her. Too long in one spot, and too many eyes. They agreed to let her stay backstage, they had secured a little room she and her team could be in. If she did win, which she would be shocked by, she agreed to come out on stage to accept the award.

The day had come, all the big names in music would be there, and Ami felt ready. She felt good with the procedures they had in place to limit her exposure. She was confident in the song and her voice, but she was anxious, how could she not be?

She went over to the boy's apartment and had breakfast with them, it would be the last time she would see them until that night. Everyone had been busy preparing for the show, so they hadn't spent a lot of time together.

"How are you feeling?" Jimin asked as they all ate breakfast together.

"Pretty good. Nervous, but I think ok. I just hope it goes smoothly." she said, between bites.

"You are going to do great." Namjoon smiled, "everyone is so excited for you. We can't wait to see you up there."

"I'm staying at the hotel tonight, just wanted to let you all know." She had set it up for her team to be there the last few days. She didn't want them being followed back to the apartment building to tie to the guys at all.

"Seriously?" Jungkook was bummed, "But when you win, we need to celebrate!"

Ami laughed, "Even if I don't win, I promise I will celebrate with you all when I get back. After this past month and a half, I need a night off."

Ami didn't go to the hotel to get ready but to her extra apartment. She hadn't been there in a while and they agreed it would be a place to get ready away from prying eyes. The entire floor was hers, and the elevator went straight down to the garage and they could leave from there. At times she felt paranoid, but the ramifications of not being so would overwhelm her otherwise. She was already regretting agreeing to the show with the amount of work and worry she put in.