Chapter 16

It was Monday evening, Ami walked into the boy's building and was greeted by security like usual. "Good Evening Miss Ami." Mr. Su said to her as she walked in the door.

"Hello, Mr. Su, Mr. Pak. How are you this evening?" She asked with a smile. "Just fine, thank you." Mr. Su replied. She had seen them many times before as she would come over to visit. Mr. Su was the head of the BTS Security team. He was a tall man with a medium build, in his 40's. He always had a serious look to him, and never really smiled at her at the beginning, but now she noticed he would give her a little smile when she walked in.

Mr. Pak was his right-hand man. He was a little shorter than Mr. Su but still tall, he was in his 30s and always had a smile on his face when she came in the door. She was always kind and spoke to them when she saw them. She wouldn't admit it, but she started to feel more relaxed when she came over, knowing people were looking out for her and the boys. Not that she didn't feel safe at her house, but she didn't realize having that extra set of eyes would take the edge off a little she didn't realize was there.

She used her key card to open the door to the apartment and flipped on the lights, the space felt too big and quiet without them there. Ami dropped her stuff on the couch and went into the kitchen to find a note, she smiled as she read it:

Thanks again for watching our plants for us, here are some numbers in case of emergency, hopefully, you won't need them, but please put them in your phone anyway. The fridge is stocked for you. Have a good week, see you Friday. -N

The numbers were for Mr. Su and Mr. Pak. Ami opened her phone and put them in and then wandered over to the fridge and pulled out some food. She sat down at the table with her laptop to do some work while she ate.

***

Friday came around quickly, and she said her usual hello to security as she entered, as she did every day. She was excited for the boys to come home and to hear about their trip. She missed talking to them, they were busy all week and she heard from Jimin a few days earlier. She didn't want to bother them, so she purposefully didn't text them a lot that week. Knowing they were going to be exhausted, she decided to make a bunch of food so they could eat when they got home and relax.

Ami opened the door to the apartment but something seemed off. The apartment felt strange, different from the evenings the last few days, heavy. She dropped her stuff and went to the kitchen and turned the lights on and started to get stuff out to make dinner.

She started humming to herself to fill the void of noise in the room, trying to shake the feeling that someone was watching her. After a while it was so overwhelming and she couldn't ignore it anymore, she turned around and a girl was staring at her from across the room.

Ami jumped and gasped, "Who are you?!"

"Who am I? I'm Jungkook's fiance! Who the HELL are you?!" The girl was a little shorter than Ami and had an angry look in her eye. Her hands were balled up into fists and she was slowly walking toward her.

Oh shit... Is this one of those stalker fans? Ami thought to herself, she was trying to get her bearings quickly.

"Who ARE you!!!" She screamed at Ami, getting louder as she walked closer.

"I'm..I'm just the housekeeper... I came to make them dinner before they returned." Ami decided to lie. How the hell did she get in? She needed to calm her down until she could figure out a plan.

"You aren't their regular housekeeper." she glared at her as she stopped advancing on her.

"No.. she is sick, so the agency sent me today." Ami said calmly, "I'm sorry we haven't met before. You must be a friend of Jungkook, you had the code to get into the apartment, right?" Ami filled up a glass of water, walked over, and set it down on the table for her then returned to cooking. She needed to make it believable.

"Fiance..of course, I had the code." Murmured again, the girl was trying to size Ami up, while she was trying to do the same to her.

"Of course, I'm sorry. Do you need anything else while you wait for him? Are you hungry? " Ami looked calm, although inside though she was frantically trying to figure out what to do. The guys would be home soon, and she didn't want them walking into this crazy girl in their apartment. She needed to alert security, but her phone was across the kitchen on the counter. She had heard stories from the guys about what some fans had done, and she knew there was nothing really stopping them when they put their mind to it.

She didn't want to fight her, but she HATED being backed into a corner and wouldn't hesitate to defend herself if needed.

"Have you called him to let him know you are waiting for him or is it a surprise?" Ami asked, trying to gain some rapport with this girl.

"Oh, it's a surprise,'' she sounded almost giddy, "So DON'T tell him!" she yelled at her again.

"I"m just the housekeeper, the agency doesn't give me the personal numbers of clients." She shrugged, her lie seemed to be working.

Ami walked across the kitchen to grab a towel, and as she picked it up she grabbed her phone hoping she wasn't too obvious.

"Are you staying for dinner? There is more than enough, I can set an extra setting at the table." Ami casually looked over at her, keeping an eye on the girl.

"Oh no, we are leaving tonight. He asked me to run away with him, so we are leaving right away." The girl said smugly as she walked toward the living room, looking around. "How romantic..." Ami murmured as she watched her walk away.

As the girl rounded the corner into the living room, Ami took out her phone and turned it on. She started to call downstairs for help, but suddenly there was a scream and the phone flew out of her hand and broke against the wall.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL HIM!  IT'S A SURPRISE!" Ami spun around and the girl was inches from her face.

She had bought as much time as she was going to get.