Chapter 30

This chapter has a Spotify playlist associated with it.

Cut and Paste the link into a new browser tab. You will be instructed when to play it.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4gpbSloTDnoCZOIxkwsbrE

These songs give you an idea of what Ami's sound is, just use your imagination. :) Enjoy!

Over the next month, they all worked on helping her get ready to release her album online. She set up a small team to take care of any questions or requests that would come in and a social media account for just her music.

Her album was going to drop at midnight so that night they had a big dinner at their place. They ordered a bunch of food, and they were going to celebrate late into the night. Ami had never really drunk around the guys. She had seen them drink, but she never joined in and they never pushed her, but that night she just wanted to unwind from all the hard work she and they had put in.

Jimin came over to her and sat down next to her on the couch, as she was opening a beer. "Hey, I thought you didn't drink?" he asked her, smiling and wrapping his arm around her, "Ahhh, no, I don't go out and drink." She said, smiling at him, "Those are very different things."

"AMI! Come sing with me!" Jungkook begged as he pulled her up off the couch. "Kookie!" She laughed... "Ok... OK.. what do you want to sing?" She took a drink and handed her beer to Tae as he pulled her across the living room. All the guys gathered around to watch her sing, Jungkook flipped through a bunch of songs "Do you know this one?" He said. She just smiled at him and took the microphone from him.

PLAYLIST ABOVE.

They loved watching her sing and perform. She danced around the living room singing with Jungkook as they all sang along with them. Namjoon loved watching her dance, she was so natural. After they were done they all clapped and got up to join the dance party/sing-a-thon. They all took turns singing and dancing with her, they all loved it.

She was sitting on the couch watching Jungkook and Tae singing their 10th song together. Yoongi plopped down next to her on the couch, "I'm drunk." she said to him as she reached over and held his hand and put her head on his shoulder. "We all are, Honey," he laughed. "Uuggg. I need to go to bed, I'm going to feel like crap tomorrow." She said with a drunk smile. "Can you make it?" he laughed as she said as she got up, almost falling over. Yoongi reached up to keep her from completely crashing. "Joon, come get your girl!" he yelled, laughing.

Namjoon smiled and set his beer down. "Come on, drunk girl, let's go to bed."

Morning came quicker than she wanted, the sun was hitting her in the face and she couldn't stay asleep any longer. Her head was pounding, "another reason I don't do this anymore," she muttered to herself. As she shuffled out to the kitchen she saw Yoongi, Namjoon and Jin.

"Morning," she muttered. "Is there coffee?"

"Ami?" Yoongi said.

"Coffee, Yoongi." She wandered over and poured herself a cup and turned around to Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jin all sitting in front of the computer with happy, yet shocked looks on their faces.

"What is happening?" She asked as she took her first sip and leaned up against the counter.

"Um... you're trending." Namjoon knew she would with Suga attached to her work, but it was taking off on its own.

"What's trending? What are you talking about? Ami wandered over and they turned the computer screen around to show her.

"Your album, sweetheart." Jin smiled widely at her.

Ami looked hard at the screen, trying to make sense of what she was seeing. "But.. it just dropped all of 8 hours ago? Can someone please explain this to me? It's not computing." She set her coffee down on the table and tried to look again.

"Honey, people like your music. They are spreading it around online like wildfire!" Namjoon said excitedly.

Ami just sat there with a stunned expression on her face. "Seriously?" She finally was able to mutter out.

The guys started to laugh with excitement that woke up the rest of the hungover house.

"So people like it?" she asked, a bit nervous about the response.

Yoongi looked at her, "Ami, all the reviews so far are positive. You should feel really proud of yourself and all your hard work!" He smiled at her.

"That's amazing. And fast..." she said smiling.

The next week they watched the positive reception of her first album. She had decided not to put her picture or her real name on anything yet. She chose the name Suki for her stage name, which she now felt really happy and comfortable about, being that in the first three weeks her album had millions of downloads. It was doing better than she ever expected it would.

There was lots of speculation about who the new artist was, especially because she had worked with BTS's Suga.

People wanted to interview her, but Ami wasn't ready to do that yet, so she would connect with fans over her social media. The secrecy of who she drove up her popularity even more.

Yoongi was right, he was interviewed and asked about her often. He always kept details pretty low-key, never giving away too much.

The guys were so excited for her and her success. They were impressed with how she was handling all the attention to her work. What she didn't know is the extra security they had set up for her because of this. They had a team of people working for them that tracked online threats towards the group or individual members. Namjoon asked them to add Ami to their watch list. They needed to know ahead of time if she had been discovered or if there were any credible threats toward her.