Chapter 45

Namjoon woke up and Ami wasn't lying next to him. He heard the shower running so he got up and ran to her apartment to get some clean clothes for her. He cracked the bathroom door open and placed the clothes on the counter for her, carefully closing the door behind him.

As he waited for her to come out, he thought about everything that happened. He didn't know how long it would take to get her back to where she was before, but he was going to do everything he could to make her feel safe and loved again.

He heard the door open and she came out, "Thank you for getting me some clothes." He saw she was rubbing her arms a little when she came out.

"Of course, how are you feeling this morning?" he asked gently. She teared up a little, and put her hands on her head, letting out a breath. "I'll be OK. Did Mr. Su... um... fill you in with what I asked him to?" Namjoon tilted his head to the side and gave her a sad look, "He did baby. Honey, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for all of it." She took a step toward him reaching for him and he scooped her up to hug her.

"Thank you for sending him," she said into his neck.

"You needed him. Even if you wouldn't have needed his services, YOU needed him, and that's all that matters." He said back to her.

"Are you hungry? Can I make you some breakfast?" He kissed her head and heard, "Yes please." He put her feet back on the ground and took her hand.

"You need to know, the boys know as well. If it's going to be too much to see everyone, I can take you back to your place. Wherever you feel most comfortable." He stroked her face while she thought about it. "I want to be here. I feel safest here, with all of you," she said quietly.

"OK." He said with a smile, "let's go get you some food."

Namjoon led the way out to the kitchen and pulled out a chair at the table for her. "Thanks." She said quietly. He went to the kitchen and started to rattle around, waking up the rest of the house.

Jin came out first and saw her, "Good morning, sweetheart."

"Hey, Jin," Ami said as she pulled her knees and wrapped her arms around her legs. Jin could see her bruised arms. Her bruises went halfway up her forearms which looked like stripes. Jin realized they were finger marks. He didn't want to ask her anything until the rest of the guys were there. "Namjoon, can I please help you before you destroy the kitchen," Jin said, almost annoyed. He caught Ami smiling a little at him.

After a while, everyone joined them at the table. Jimin was the first to get the conversation going. "Honey, we are so sorry. Is there anything we can do?"

Ami just smiled sadly at him. "No, I don't think so. Thank you though Jimin. I'm just going to need time."

Hobi was worried about her bruises, "Are your arms OK? They look painful."

She rubbed them a little, "They are a little sore, but they should heal quickly."

"Mr. Su is trying to figure out the breakdown of why your detail left early." Yoongi said, "I can't believe they left you when you needed them."

Ami was in a far-off thought, recalling the night, and then said quietly, "They knew each other."

"What?" Namjoon stopped what he was doing and looked at her, sick to his stomach at what she said.

She continued quietly, "When they walked into the pub, they acknowledged each other, and the security motioned to us in the back where we were sitting. It wasn't long after they approached us, and the detail was gone." She said solemnly and put her chin down on her knees.

The fact this could have been planned enraged them more than they could imagine. They looked at each other without saying anything, but they all felt the same thing.

"Excuse me. I'll be right back." Yoongi said and he got up and went into the hall to call Mr. Su.

Namjoon was trying to keep calm, but he wasn't very good at hiding his feelings, so he changed the subject.

"Is there anything you want to do today?" He asked as he took her hand. She intertwined his fingers in his.

"No. What do you guys have planned for the day?" she said as she looked over at Tae.

"Nothing. Our calendar was cleared" Tae said, '' so we are available if you need us."

"Thanks," she said, not necessarily present with the conversation. She was thinking about the last few days and what it all meant. The guys all looked at each other, knowing she wasn't really with them.

Later that day, she wandered into the living room and sat next to Jimin. He was watching TV and she just needed to be near someone. She leaned over on him and he put his arm around her. Next to Namjoon, she felt the most comfortable around him when needing comfort. "Is there anything I can do for you, sweetie?" He asked her quietly. "No. Can I just sit by you, please?" It was the 'please' that broke his heart. "As long as you want." He said back to her, and they sat the rest of the day together, just watching TV.