Chapter 61

After hanging up with Namjoon she called Jen. She was hired to run a small team that helped sort out whatever requests were sent her way.

"Hey Jen, do I want to know?" Ami laughed.

"Um, we are going to need to have a meeting today, and I need more staff," Jen said exasperated.

"OH? What's going on?" Ami said, sitting up.

Jen just laughed, "The number of requests, emails, phone calls, and social media inquiries... I don't even know where to start. Everyone wants interviews, guest spots, live events..."

She hadn't thought about this part after it was over and the potential wave it was going to cause her understaffed team. "OK, let me see what I can do to help you. Let's start with the staff, how many more people do you think you need?"

"Just two at least for a day or two, just to get all this sorted out and then I think we will have a grip on it. I have two girls here in the office I can put on if that works with you?" Jen said.

"If they are what you need, then do it," Ami said quickly.

"Great, we are going to get what we have sorted out this morning, I'll send you an updated report later in the day with the breakdown of what we have so far," Jen said as the other line started ringing.

"Thank you, Jen, let me know what else you may need, talk to you later," Ami said before she hung up. She sat back and thought to herself, 'It will be interesting.'.

Pak and Su had been talking, trying to see what kind of window they could find to bring her back. There were still some fans lurking around the apartment building, so they would either have to wait until the middle of the night or until they left.

Ami spent the day working on her computer, she tried not to get sucked into reading the reviews, but she couldn't avoid reading the headlines. She posted some thank yous on her social media account to her fans, the award show, and also the three groups that came up to help her and make sure she was OK at the end. Later in the afternoon, she posted a picture of a little place on the beach about 3 hours away. She just titled the post, "One of my favorite places." She was hoping if people were trying to find her, this would make it seem like she was out of the city. It couldn't hurt.

Her PR team emailed her later in the afternoon with a list of companies, radio stations, and all media outlets that had contacted her. She had 5 calls from record labels, and Jen said she wouldn't be surprised if that number doubled by tomorrow. The list was 3 pages long and growing.

"This is crazy," she said to herself. Jen was crafting a generic response to put out until they had time to sift through everything.

Pak had been working with Su all day on a plan to get her home. The soonest they felt comfortable was later that evening. While she was ready to go now, it was nice to have some quiet time to decompress before going back.

"Hey there, looks like I should be coming back later tonight," she said to Namjoon. "Are you guys going to be around?"

"We should be, we had meetings this morning, and we are on our way back now." He said to her, "It will be so good to have you back.

"I can't wait. I'll text you when I'm on my way. Tell the boys hi." She smiled as she hung up the phone. "Pak, I'm going to rest for a while, unless you need me for something?"

"Nope, I'll let you know about an hour before we need to head out. " He walked over and shut the door between their rooms. Ami laid down and fell asleep pretty quickly.

At about 11 pm she heard a knock at her door. "Hey Ami, we are about an hour away from leaving."

"Thank you, Pak," she said, rolling over and starting to wake up. She got up and decided to take a shower and clean up before they left. She wanted to wash the 24 hours of the hotel off her. About an hour later he knocked on her door again, "Ready?" he smiled as she opened the door. He was dressed in casual clothes with a hat and mask.

"I think so." She said nervously. "She put her mask on, grabbed her bags and they headed down to the car. She texted Joon when they took off and told him she was on her way.

The ride went pretty smoothly. It wasn't the same car they came to the hotel in. They drove into the parking garage and they shut all the doors before she even got out of the car. There was no way to see in from the outside, but even then, Mr. Su had a team standing there to block any view if someone had managed to see. He knew it would make her feel better just taking this extra step.

She felt so good when the elevator doors closed like a wave of relief hit her. She took off her mask and leaned back against the wall as it went up. The doors opened and she trudged to her apartment to drop off her stuff. She tossed her things on the couch and went over to let them know she was back.

When she opened the door the apartment was dark. She fumbled around for the light, and when she turned it on all the boys yelled "Congratulations!!" jumping out and running over to her. Ami stood there shocked, they had decorated the apartment for her, there was a full spread of food on the table and balloons everywhere. She couldn't even speak, as they ran over, Namjoon lifting her in a huge hug. "Congratulations on everything!" he said as kissed her.

Ami just started crying and hugging them all. After all the stress and worry of the last few weeks, along with the show alone, she could finally release all her feelings.

"Thank you guys so much, this is so nice," she said, wiping her eyes.

Jungkook came up to her and gave her a huge hug, lifting her off the ground. "You were so good, everyone loved you... but why aren't you wearing your dress?"

"KOoooK." she laughed.

"That was an amazing dress." Jimin agreed. "I'm a little miffed you didn't show us before you went to the show."

"Ahhh, well that would have spoiled the surprise, don't you think?" She smiled.

"It was one of the best surprises, but not as good as your performance. The entire thing, from the drama of the lighting, the dress, your voice... that mask. Oh. My. God. You can wear that anytime." Hobi whispered in her ear as he hugged her.

Ami just laughed and said, "Maybe next time."

"Let's eat!" Jin pulled her over to the kitchen and they all joined them to eat. Jimin handed her a glass of wine and they all sat down.

It wasn't until about 4 am and Ami was about ready to fall over, she was so tired. "Boys, I need to go to sleep. Can we continue this tomorrow? I think Joon promised me you were all going to recreate your performance for me since I didn't get to see it live." She smirked at them.

"KIM NAMJOON! You did NOT!" Yoongi yelled at him. There was a general groan from the room.

"Oh, yes he did... and I want the entire package, outfits, hair, ALL OF IT. But, I will repay the favor, I promise." She winked at all of them.

Yoongi grumbled, as he leaned back and closed his eyes, "Fine."

Ami got up and went and hugged him, and whispered to him, "Thank you for everything you did. It helped more than you know." He hugged her back and said, "Anytime."

She wandered over and took Namjoon's hand and they walked back to her place.

As they crawled into bed, Namjoon saw her dress hanging in the corner.

"That dress, baby, you looked so beautiful." He pulled her close and hugged her. "I'm so glad you are back. I missed you. Hey, I never asked you though, were you OK after that guy ran at you on the stage?" He was stroking her face as he looked into her eyes.

"I am. I never heard from Su what that guy's problem was." She said as she closed her eyes.

"We are meeting with Su and Pak tomorrow. It will be good for everyone to meet and discuss everything together and how it went with you. Sleep now though." He kissed her a long sweet kiss, and they fell asleep.