Chapter 53

The months flew by and Ami threw herself into learning everything she could about the security side of the company. She never realized how many people and how much went into just everyday normal things for the boys but getting ready for a 10-city world tour seems like an astronomical feat.

Mr. Su's team had been doing it for years, so they had a general game plan of how it should work. While she wasn't involved in most of it, she asked if she could sit in on meetings and just listen. He was happy to have to do so, it was outside her scope of work, but every once in a while she would ask a question for clarification that led to more conversations. Ami enjoyed it because she could meet more people and understand the larger picture of how all the wheels worked in the BTS machine.

The boys were in meetings and rehearsals every day and came home exhausted every night. One night Ami came home late from meetings, walked in, took off her clothes, and climbed directly into bed. About an hour later she felt someone crawl into bed with her. She rolled over and was surprised to see Jungkook next to her.

"Hey, Kook, what's wrong? Are you OK?" She said, waking up and moving the hair back to see his face. He had never randomly crawled in bed with her, it was out of character for him.

"I'm just so tired," he mumbled. "My body hurts from all the practice."

"Do you feel OK?" she asked, putting her hand on his face. "You feel a little warm." She pulled some blankets on top of him and tucked him in. Ami got up, put some clothes on, and went next door to find someone.

"Hey, Kookie just crawled in my bed, is he OK?" she asked as she walked into their apartment. Namjoon and Jin were in the kitchen.

"What?" they both said in unison, and put down what they were doing and they all walked over to her apartment. Namjoon sat down on her bed and felt his face. "Hey, what's going on? Are you sick?" he asked.

"My body just hurts, I just need sleep." He murmured back to him.

Jin frowned and looked concerned. While they had been working hard, and everyone was tired and sore, it seemed out of place for him to seek out comfort like this with her.

"What time do you have to be back tomorrow?" She asked Jin. "8:30," Jin said quietly.

"I'll watch him tonight. You all need your rest, go back and sleep. If he gets worse I'll call Dr. Lee and come get you." She said to them as she sat down in her chair.

"Let me go get my stuff, I'll sleep on the couch here tonight," Joon said.

"No, you need to stay home. If he is sick, he doesn't need to infect the rest of you. Sleep in your bed tonight." she said to them.

"Babe." he looked at her.

"Go. Seriously." She looked at him, "I have some work to do anyway, I'll see you in the morning." she blew him a kiss.

"Thanks for watching him tonight, everyone has been so exhausted lately getting ready," Jin said, checking on him again.

"No problem." She smiled, "now go get some sleep. I promise to come to get you if something changes. He'll be fine." Ami opened her computer and the boys went back to get some sleep.

Jungkook slept restlessly but stayed asleep the entire night. Ami kept an eye on him, but he didn't get any worse. She worked on her computer, and around 6:30 am Namjoon came in to check on her.

"Hey, did you stay up all night? How is he?" He walked over and kissed her on the head, rubbing her shoulders.

"Ohh, that feels good." She closed her eyes and leaned back in her chair. "He's doing OK. He was pretty restless, but he didn't spike a fever. We'll have to see how he feels when he wakes up."

"Honey, go lay down, you need to sleep. Go lay in my bed, I'll keep an eye on him." Namjoon was worried she was going to run down and get sick before they all left for the tour in a week.

"I have a meeting this morning, but then I think I can come back afterward and take a nap." She looked back and smiled at him. "I'm going to go take a shower." She got up and headed to the bathroom to get cleaned up for the day.

Namjoon went over to wake Kook. "Hey Kookie, how are you feeling? Can you wake up?" Jungkook slowly woke and sat up in bed. Confused about where he was at first.

"Where am I?" he asked, looking at Namjoon, super confused.

"How are you feeling? You crawled into bed with Ami last night, don't you remember?" Namjoon asked him, trying to assess how he was.

"Mmm.. I did? OH MY GOSH! I'm so sorry Hyung! I don't remember!" The poor boy was upset that he had crossed a line with Namjoon or with Ami. He scrambled to try and get out of the bed.

Namjoon just laughed, "You're OK, you did nothing wrong. You said you weren't feeling well, so she let you stay last night and she looked after you. Are you feeling better now though? Can you come to practice with us in a bit?"

Kook rubbed his face, "Yeah, I feel OK. I think I was just exhausted. I'm so sorry." He got out of bed, embarrassed, and walked back across the hall.

Namjoon went to the bathroom door and knocked, "Kook is feeling alright, he's going to go with me. I'll check in on you later." he said through the door.

"OK, sounds good. Have a good day." Ami was standing in the shower, trying to wake up. She was so tired from staying up all night but knew she had some things she needed to do today, she couldn't wait to get back and crash for the rest of the day.

Her day drug on, she had a hard time just sitting in meetings that morning. After they were over, Mr. Su pulled her to the side. "Is everything OK? You look wiped out. Are you getting sick?" he asked her, concerned for her.

"No, I'm sorry. Jungkook was not feeling well last night, and I stayed up to keep an eye on him." She said, almost breaking into a yawn.

"What about the guys, did they help?" He asked.

"No, I told them to sleep. They leave in a week and need all the rest they can get. If he was getting sick, then they didn't need to catch it either. He woke up feeling better and is with them today, so all is well." she smiled at him. "I just stayed up and worked on stuff for the tour."

He smiled at her, "OK, well, we don't have any more meetings today, go home and go to bed. You leave in a week too, and you need to be rested."

"Are you sure?" She looked surprised at him.

"Go. Go rest. I'll see you tomorrow." He grabbed a stack of papers from her and smiled at her.

"Thank you, see you tomorrow." Ami closed up her computer and headed home.

Ami dragged herself into her apartment and dropped her stuff as she made her way to her bedroom.  She crawled into her bed and drifted off into a long hard sleep.

Around 9 pm Namjoon knocked and opened her door. He had worried about her all day so he came in to check on her. He found the trail of things she dropped as she made her way to the bedroom, and her sleeping soundly.

As he gently kissed her cheeks he spoke to her, "Hey baby, wake up and come have ramen with us. We just got home, and you need to eat something." He continued to kiss her until she started to stir.

"Mmmmmm.. Hi.. What time is it?" she asked, looking around for her phone to check the time.

"9 at night, we just got home. Come eat something, we have food for you." he pulled the covers back and she climbed out and they wandered back over to meet the boys for ramen.

Ami sat down at the table, still half asleep, trying to get her brain to work.

"Ami, thank you for watching over me last night. I'm so sorry I came and bothered you." Jungkook sat down next to her, looking worried he had offended her.

"Anytime Kook, I'm glad you are feeling better. You just needed a good night's sleep. How were rehearsals today?" She smiled at him.

"They were good. I think we are ready." He smiled, feeling better after talking to her.

"Good, that's great, I'm excited for you guys." They all sat down and ate ramen and talked. They had all been so busy it felt really good to reconnect, especially since the big tour was coming up soon.