Chapter 90

It was day two of their official vacation and Jungkook and Ami looked up local hikes. They found out there was a waterfall not too far away and decided to try and find it after lunch.

"Are you sure you guys don't want to come? It's not too far and it's supposed to be pretty." She was tossing some shorts and a t-shirt over her bikini. "Nope, it's all you guys, have fun," Namjoon said, kissing her. Yoongi brought her his hat, "don't burn." He smiled at her, giving her a peck.

"Be back in a couple of hours," Jungkook called out as they ran down to the trail behind the house.

The trail they followed ran right along the stream behind the house, which made it easy to follow. They had run the trail so it only took them about 30 minutes to find it, "The water is so blue!" Ami called out as she stripped off her shoes and clothes, putting them on a rock before jumping in. "..and feels soooo good, Kook!" Jungkook took off his shoes and shirt and jumped in the pool after her.

They spent a long time swimming, jumping off rocks, and kissing under the waterfall. While she wished the others wanted to come to see the falls, she was also happy it was just her and Kook. It was hard to find time individually sometimes and everyone knew it, so when an easy opportunity would arise, the others would step back to give people time together.

The vacation so far had been really good for everyone. The mental break from work and the change of location along with the space was enough to let everyone recharge how they needed to. They still had 5 more days and were going to savor every minute. Jimin was laying by the pool when he heard something in the distance, "Is that thunder?" he asked as he looked towards the north. He could see dark clouds in the distance looming, starting to drop rain far off. Namjoon looked over as well "It should stay north of us, we are just on the edge of that system. The week should be like today, hot and sunny."

Jimin looked down towards the woods, "When are they supposed to be back?" hoping to see them exit any moment.

"Umm, they said a couple of hours, so anytime I would guess." Namjoon was laying back in the lounge chair, enjoying the heat. He wasn't really too concerned about the weather being so far north of them, but it made Jimin uneasy.

Ami was hanging off Jungkook's back in the water, "This is a perfect afternoon." she said, resting her head on his shoulder. Kook reached around and pulled her so he was now holding her in front of him, he stared into her eyes as he said, "I agree," then pulled her in and kissed her. Thunder rolled in the distance but the noise of the waterfall made it impossible to hear it.

As he was getting ready to take off her top she felt him move as he got pushed.

"Ow! What the hell!?" Kook pulled his lips away from hers and looked behind him, a log had rammed into his back. "Where did this come from?" he pushed it away from them and watched it float downstream. Ami looked at the water, it wasn't the crystal water blue it was just a few minutes earlier, but looked almost muddy, "What's wrong with the water?" she asked. They both looked up at the top of the waterfall and saw the water was almost mud color as it was flowing down and logs and rocks were starting to jam the top of the falls before they toppled over.

"SHIT! WE NEED TO GET OUT NOW!" Jungkook yelled as he put her down, grabbed her hand and they started trying to run to the bank to get out. They could start to hear the logs and branches break at the top of the falls as more debris started backing up behind it. Large rocks were starting to be pushed over, landing just behind them as they reached the bank.

"We have to get higher!" Ami yelled as he pulled her out, just then the top of the falls gave way. The sound was unforgettable. They didn't grab any of their stuff but just started running down the trail as fast as they could, trying to stay ahead of the flash flood. Jungkook had her hand as they ran, and while she was fast his legs were longer so it felt like he was pulling her more than she was running.