Chapter 41

Ami woke up early, the boys were all still asleep. She wandered into the kitchen to make some coffee and saw her notebook on the table next to Yoongi's computer. She frowned, remembering sitting on the couch last night, he must have moved it. She walked over and flipped through it, she wondered if he had looked through it, then she found his pen placed between the pages. He had read her lyrics. She wasn't ready for someone to read them and it felt like a violation. She knew they didn't tell her things, and she accepted that, but this... this felt like he stepped over a line. Like reading someone's diary, she wasn't ready to share this part of her yet.

As she closed the notebook it fell onto the floor and she went home.

An hour later Namjoon rolled over to find Ami was already up. He wandered out into the living room to find Jin making breakfast with Jimin and Tae at the table. "Is Ami out here?" He asked. "Haven't seen her," Jimin said, still half asleep. Namjoon walked out and over to her place and knocked on the door. No answer. He punched in the code on the door and walked in. "Ami? Are you here?" Quiet, no response.

Something bothered him about this. She never left without mentioning or at least a note. He walked back over to their apartment and found his phone. He called security downstairs.

"Sir," Security answered.

"Did Ami leave this morning?" Namjoon looked over at Jin as he spoke to security.

"No sir, we haven't seen her. Is everything OK?"

"I don't know yet. I'll call you back." Namjoon hung up.

"What's wrong?" Jin put his pan down and walked towards him.  

"Ami's not here," Namjoon mumbled. Then he went and checked all the rest of the rooms in the apartment to look for her. Yoongi was woken up by Namjoon opening his door and looking around, then walking out. "What's wrong?" he called out, rubbing his eyes, but didn't get an answer.

He wandered back out to the living room and picked up his phone again to try and call her."What's going on?" Tae asked. All the guys had gathered in the living room because Namjoon wasn't acting himself. Her phone just went to voicemail.

"Ami isn't here, and she didn't tell anyone where she was going," Namjoon said quietly. "Have you called downstairs to see if she left?" Hobi rubbed his face, still trying to process what was happening.

"They said they haven't seen her." Namjoon kept looking at his phone, trying to figure out what to do. "That seems really unlike her, she will at least leave a note." 

Yoongi looked over and saw her notebook was on the floor. He had a bad feeling he knew why she may have left. "She won't come back until she's ready."

Ami had gone down through the parking garage and out the back. She was walking down the waterfront, thinking about everything. She knew they all loved her, and she loved them. She knew they purposely didn't tell her things for her safety, but still, it sometimes felt like they didn't trust her. When she felt like she had proven herself to them over and over. Now, with Yoongi reading her notebook, it felt like too much. Tears came to her eyes as she continued to walk.

Jin put a call into Mr. Su to tell him what was going on. Security downstairs was instructed to call them if they saw her, but not to get in her way.

Namjoon was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. He felt so helpless, not knowing where she was. Yoongi sat down beside him. "Joon, she will come back when she is ready. She will be OK." He put his arm around his friend, and they just had to wait.