Chapter 18

This chapter has a Spotify playlist associated with it.

 Cut and Paste the link into a new browser tab. You will be instructed when to play it.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/44gCSMEjlpkeHeDyUTlaeT

These songs give you an idea of what Ami's sound is, just use your imagination. :) Enjoy!

-Later that evening-

Ami's phone rang, and it was Hobi, "Hey! Are you busy?" "Nope, what's up?" Ami replied she was happy to hear from him. "Be ready in 10 minutes, a car is going to come to pick you up." He said enthusiastically. "Oh... OK... " Ami managed to get out before he hung up the phone. She threw herself together and exactly 10 minutes later there was a knock at the door. "Oh, hello Mr. Su!" she was surprised when she opened the door. "Miss Ami, good to see you." He said with a smile, he held the door open to the black sedan with tinted windows as she got in. She was expecting the guys, but it was just her. "Where are we going?" She asked, curiously. "They want to show you the studio." He said with a smile as he looked back at her in the mirror. He could tell she seemed more present today than she was the night before.

She looked out the window as they drove for about 15 minutes. He pulled into the underground parking of Big Hit and opened the door for her, Hobi was waiting for her with his big smile. "Hey there, what's going on?" Ami asked as she stepped out of the car. "We decided to come into the studio to work on some stuff, we thought you might like to come and hang out with us and see what we do." Hobi scanned his card and it opened the door for her, "Something new to do, you know?"

He grabbed her hand and led her down a couple of halls, through a door they ended up in the studio with the rest of the guys. She looked up and could see Jimin singing. She waved at all of them as she sat down in the back. There was someone she didn't know adjusting all sorts of knobs and buttons as the music played. It was just like what she saw in the movies, it was so surreal.

Namjoon came over and sat next to her. "Thanks for coming, we thought this might be something fun tonight." He smiled at her. "This is so crazy.." Ami sat there with wide eyes, watching everything. After Jimin was done, Yoongi turned to look at her with a smile, "Ami, this is Jaks, one of our producers. Jaks, this is our friend Ami." "Nice to meet you, we usually don't get many visitors, glad you are here." He smiled at her. "Thanks, nice to meet you," she replied. "Have you been in a studio before?" He asked. "Oh, no.. this is definitely something new." She laughed. She just sat back and made herself comfortable taking everything in as they worked.

Two hours flew by as Ami sat quietly listening and watching the process as they worked out kinks in a track. There was a section they were trying to clean up, but they just couldn't work it out. Yoongi had been watching Ami while she was listening to everything going on and taking it in.

While Namjoon and Tae were arguing over a part and how they thought it could be improved, Yoongi spoke over them. "Ami, what do you think? You've been quiet this whole time." "Me? Oh, this is out of my wheelhouse. " She laughed at him, she was surprised he called out in front of everyone.

"Nonsense, we've been working on this song for weeks and it's just not working. You have fresh ears, what do you think?" He sat back and watched her think. He liked her, she wasn't like other girls they knew. There was no drama with her and she respected their group dynamic. She didn't grow up in the industry, so her perspective on things was different. She could see through the bullshit and he valued her opinion.