chapter eight

chapter eight

    Shen Meihua washed the rice and poured it into a large iron pot to prepare it for cooking.

    She looked at the water and rice in the pot, and looked at the stove with some embarrassment. She had never cooked a big pot of rice, but only saw her grandma do it when she was a child. What impressed her was that every time she finished eating, she would get the rice in the pot. Eat, especially delicious.

    She tried hard to recall how her grandmother operated at that time. After thinking about it for a while, it ended in failure. It took so long that she had no impression at all.

    Shen Meihua sat on the small bench behind the stove and pondered for a few seconds, then began to fill it with firewood, first boil the water and rice in the pot, and then cook the rice on a low heat.

    Not long after the fire was burning, she heard the rumbling sound in the cauldron. She lifted the lid of the cauldron and the rice was bubbling. She returned to the stove and filled it with some firewood. She didn't put too much in fear of burning.

    As time passed by, just as she was about to get up to look at the rice in the pot, she smelled a burnt smell that became heavier and heavier.

    When it was broken, she quickly got up, lifted the lid of the pot, and the smell of mushy smell rushed to her forehead. More than half of the rice in the pot was mushy, so she quickly took the spatula and put some yellow rice up.

    The bottom of the pot was all black and charred.

    Shen Meihua looked at the pot rice in the pot. These pot rice can't be eaten. She didn't cook a lot of rice tonight. Now the bottom of the pot is welded with a thick layer of batter.

    She put the rice aside, used a spatula to shovel out the scorched rice cooker and brushed it clean, washed the greens and quickly fried a small greens on a plate, put some water in the pot, and boiled it when the rice was ready. , wash your face and feet at night.

    Shen Meihua came to the door of Dali's room with the food, and there were very small voices in the room, which could not be heard intermittently.

    She was holding the food in both hands and knocked on the door, so she shouted, "I'm in." As soon as the words fell, the voices in the room stopped abruptly, and she waited a few seconds to push the door open with her body.

    In the room, Yuanbao was lying on the bed, vigorously wearing the rotten jacket and sitting beside the bed.

    "Come here for dinner." Shen Meihua put the food on the table and asked Dali to bring Yuanbao over. She went to the kitchen to get the dishes.

    Yuanbao looked at the food on the table, and was even more hungry, but he didn't move, and turned to look at his brother on the side.

    Seeing my aunt going out vigorously, thinking of waking up this morning and seeing the food in the house, I stood by the bed and thought for a while, then turned around and put on Yuanbao's clothes and led him to the table.

    As soon as the two sat down, they saw that the door was pushed open, and the two on the bench looked at Shen Meihua who came in in surprise.

    Shen Meihua saw the frightened expressions of the two little guys, they probably didn't expect her to come back, especially Yuanbao, her little body was shaking.

    Shen Meihua put the bowls and chopsticks in front of them and said, "Eat it." After she finished, she took a bowl and sat down to eat with green vegetables. She didn't look at them. If she served them rice, they probably wouldn't dare. eat.