Chapter 91

Chapter 91

    The night before Xiaoba's full moon banquet, Shen Meihua and Shen's mother counted the dishes and food for the next day's banquet.

    "Mother, is this the food and food for the banquet?" Shen Meihua asked uncertainly while looking at the food and food piled up in the back room.

    There were only two sacks of vegetables, half a bag of rice, and two pieces of meat in the house, and there was nothing else left.

    The family previously discussed that there would be four or five tables, forty or fifty people. These dishes and rice seemed a bit insufficient.

    Mother Shen didn't pick up her daughter's words immediately, she knew what she meant, she counted the dishes and covered them, and turned around and said, "The food is getting tighter every day, these are all bought with great difficulty. The team is organizing to plant peanuts and edamame on the mountain."

    Dayi and the others have been planting peanuts and soybeans on the mountain these days. They say that the base needs to store grain. I don't know if it is true or false. Dayi came back with nothing. Said that she is not easy to ask about things in the team.

    Shen Meihua heard that the team was growing these durable grains, and thought of the yam that the team tried to grow years ago. Now the team has started to store food?

    The biggest reason for the difficult three years is that there was no rain in the later period, drought, and no water in the fields. The crops dried up and died. In the end, no grains were harvested. Even the grains that were planted before could not be recovered, and many people fell down.

    Thinking of that scene, she shuddered.     Seeing that her daughter didn't speak, Shen's mother seemed to be thinking about something. She

    looked a little flustered and said, "What are you thinking about?"

Are there many people going there?"

    "Two or three hundred people." Mother Shen recalled that when she went to buy food last time, she happened to meet the boys in the team coming down from the mountain. Hundreds of people. "

    The mountain is huge, and two or three hundred people might not be enough. Shen Meihua then asked: Did the team say that people could help?"

    Shen's mother said, "I didn't hear anyone asking for help."

    These days, this matter has been discussed in the courtyard, and I haven't heard that anyone is needed.

    "Do you want to help the team?" Seeing her like this, Shen's mother asked as if she wanted to help.

    Shen Meihua: "The yam that the team tried to grow last year first let everyone dig it up and eat it, thinking if I can help this year."

    "It was planted in the team last year? Did you dig it back to eat?"

    In the team, the commune The extra grains grown in the land have to be handed in when they are mature, and every household can only share a little when the work points are calculated during the Chinese New Year.

    Shen Meihua nodded and nodded.

    "Then will the team be divided this year?" Mother Shen's heart skipped a beat when she thought of this?

    Now the food in the team is already tense, and it hasn't rained for more than a month. Dad Meihua wrote to say that the food in the commune is short of water, and he is afraid that he will not be able to receive much food this year.