Chapter 9

Jayin's POV

Waking up I feel a weight on my shoulder, looking over I see Jul sound asleep. It's amazing the difference between her awake and asleep. When awake she's alert and distant of course me and Jordy see right through that, but others can't. 

It makes sense mom always focused her anger on Jul the most. Probably because she doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut but you learn to love that about her. 

But when she's asleep this sort of calm passes over her, almost as she can finally be at peace when asleep. Jordy and I  use to stay up late after she was asleep to make sure stayed asleep. Not to brag but we are the only ones who can see through the emotionless facade she built. 

Waking up before my fellow triplets is not unusual, Jul is usually up late doing her illegal work or the demons that haunt us all. Jordy stays awake after we all fall asleep to keep us safe. 

Normally I would wake them up for school, but Matteo let us know we wouldn't start until next week. That way we could settle down and get used to living here 

I would like to trust my brothers but I use to trust Erica and look how that turned out. I know Jul won't trust them until they prove themselves. Hell, she didn't even trust her only friend back home, Cassie, fully for a couple of years. 

Looking at the alarm clock on the nightstand it's 7:00. I assume the brothers are up I mean they should be going to school and work right? 

I start to hear movement down the hall showing that someone is up in this house. Jul always told me to never call somewhere home until you were absolutely sure that it was permeant and safe. But that really couldn't happen knowing our series of bad luck. 

Jul moves slightly in her asleep before opening her eyes to look up at me. She lazily gives me a small smile and lifts her head up sitting up completely. 

She looks over at me asking me a question with her eyes, where's Jor?, I look over at my other side she follows my gaze to see Jordy leaving up against the wall. He obviously fell asleep on what he calls night watch. 

She rolls her eyes at his position and moves to get up. It appears that she must have moved too fast as she winces. Quickly covering it up, she never liked to show pain even to us, she moved off the bed towards Jordy. 

She shakes Jordy awake, he jumps up looking around making sure nothing is wrong. We all silently agree to get ready. They both leave my room to get ready, I stroll over to the newly filled closet that my brothers purchased for me. 

I never had this many clothes at my disposable in my life. I could really get used to this idea of rich brothers. 

I pick out my outfit, plain jeans and sleeve shirt, and throw on a flannel. I grabbed one of my new pair of shoes and finished doing my morning routine. Brushing my teeth, styling my hair before giving up, and letting it do what it wants. Either way, Jul will me crap about my hair. 

When we were younger, Jul wanted to learn how to braid hair so she learned about us. She spent hours tugging at our hair, pulling our heads in different directions. The memory makes me smile remembering a time when we could be happy even in our messed up lives. 

I walk out of my room just as Jordy and Jul do as well. We all nod at each other outfits, Jordy wearing a similar outfit as but instead of a long-sleeve shirt, he had a black hoodie. Jul was in ripped jeans and a dark green long sleeve shirt. She moves her eyes to both of our heads at notices how neither of us tried shaking her head she sighs and walks away. I notice how she has two braids in her hair again making me wince at the memory of her learning to braid. Jordy has a similar expression probably recalling the memories as well. 

We make our way downstairs towards the dining room expecting maybe one or two stragglers being left but are surprised when all of our brothers are sitting at the table. 

"Morning, " I chirp at everyone making our presence known. I get nods of acknowledgment and a few grumbles of morning returned. 

We sit down at the end of the table that has to know been reserved for us. I take immediate notice of the stack of pancakes sitting in front of me. I glance up at Jul motioning for her to take her portion first, something we learned when we were young let her eat first. 

She grabs her portion, symbolizing that I can take as many as I want I glance around and notice that everyone else has a plate full or empty and sticking with syrup. I notion that I'm taking as they are full. 

While filling up my plate with pancake after pancake, I feel eyes on my I glance up and notice the older brothers all looking at me and my plate. My twins use to my antics ignore me and continue eating their so-called normal portions. 

Whatever I love food, food loves me simple. Why ruin something perfect in every way. 

I shrug at them and take my now full plate to drench the pancakes in syrup, cut them, and take an inhuman bite. The warmth of the pancake warming the deepest pits of my soul and the sweetness of the syrup made this moment perfect. 

I mean they are the perfect combination. No one can tell me different. 

I feel a kick on my shin and glance over at Jul, who looks expectantly at me. 

"What?" Jul rolls her eyes at my question. 

"Matteo asked us what we wanted to do today." She responds shortly to me, she hates repeating herself or others. 

" I don't know, we could hang out today at the house. " I suggest to everyone. Matteo nods at me and agrees. 

"Alright, boys I want to stay at home today no leaving the triplet alone got it?" The boys nod, except Enzo who rolls his eyes I'm assuming that the point to staying home was targeted toward him. "I want you all to hang out together, I have an important meeting today but will call or stop by at lunch to check in." Matteo finishes checking his watch, gets up, and heads towards the garage, Luca smiles at us and follows Matteo. From what I have gathered Luca is more of the 'mom' of the brothers. 

The rest of us are silent, the only sound being my continuous chewing and the sound of a revving engine. Marco silently gets up and heads upstairs. Enzo continues to ignore us on his phone, I think texting. Dante smiles at us, when we don't return it he seems a little upset, but when Jul gives him a small smile making him install brighten up surprising me and Jordy she is quick to cover it up. 

Dante suddenly stands up and runs out of the room, we can hear his stomping upstairs continue. 

We soon follow his way upstairs and go our separate ways.