Chapter 29

Third Person's POV

The family was all in the office except the triplets and Vincenzo was all asleep in their rooms. The friends were going to be told in the morning as well as the triplets. Calvin, Christoper, and Kenna had been told to talk to their families and have their own meetings to keep everything as controlled as possible. 

Enzo had walked into the office joining them. Matteo sat on the desk while Nonno sat behind it with Nonna hiding her face in his neck with quiet sobs shaking her body. 

Everyone was on edge, Matteo and Nonno had only told the aunts and uncles and of course Nonna about what this meeting was for. 

"This just came in" Matteo moved himself showing everyone his laptop with the screen open ready to play a video. Matteo pressed play.

The video began showing Marco chained to a chair with bold seeping down the side of his head. Someone walked in with only their back showing. The man smacked Marco hard, the slap echoed not only through the video room but the office. 

Marco shook his head and began to struggle against the restraints. 

The man's evil, ugly laugh taunted him, as he tried to free himself. 

"You should know by now that you will never escape me. Marco Russo." The man's thick German accent and slurring of his English showed it was not his favored or first language. "I was gonna ask you questions about your family but it's more fun to just torture you."

With that the beating began for 20 minutes, Marco had gone unconscious soon after. The blood drained onto the floor, Marco's face was unrecognizable. If the family hadn't watched the beginning they would never know that it was their beloved, quiet brother. 

He never gave them the satisfaction of screams, his father taught him that never show your fear or pain.

The man finally turned around showing himself as, Leon Weber, the German mafia leader. He was the man responsible for their family's despair. He threatened the family before the triplets were born convincing Erica to run. He was responsible for their father's death, and now their brother's kidnapping. 

He looked towards the camera and sent a kiss and a wink. "For Julianne, tell her I'm coming."

The screen went black. Leon had been planning this for years he was always in contact with Erica. He supplied her with the drugs and she would inflict torture on the triplets. His thought process was that if he could break Jul then he could take her easier. 

Then hell broke loose. Enzo flipped over the table causing it to go crashing down. Most of them were crying, Maria's sobs became audible. 

The continuous breaking of things soon lead Damien to join Enzo everything in their sight was broken, the glassware at the bar gone. The pictures on the wall, are gone. The once happy mood in the house was destroyed. 

The breaking of glass had transitioned to yelling and crying. Enzo stormed out, he ran outside and kept running to the other end of the island and screamed. Marco had been the collected brother that always knew when Enzo needed a break and made sure he was okay. And now Enzo for the first time felt truly alone since his dad died. 

The noises woke up the triplets, Jul quietly hooped out of bed to avoid waking the little boy next to her. while Jay and Jordy rushed out not caring who might have been in their way. They all rushed down the stairs and followed the crying to the office. 

They saw the carnage. The broken glass tears and blood on the floor. They looked at Luca who was crying while holding a sobbing Dante. Alessio holding his wife, Alejandro holding Deliah and rubbing her hair holding back his own tears. Angelo is holding his wife Laura while clenching his fists. The children all console each other the girls hugging their older brothers. 

Jul looks at Matteo and he shakes his head. Confused she rushed in and grabs his laptop that was still on she clicks play herself. Most of the kids ran out to avoid having to hear it all again. Matteo pushed everyone out except her triplets who needed to know as well. 

They stood frozen, one lone tear rolled off her face when Marco's beating was done. Her despair was quickly replaced by anger when she saw the familiar face of Leon Weber. The triplets knew him as Erica's dealer, he was one of the men that they never left alone with Jul. Out of the men that would come and size her up he was the worst hs crude comments still embedded. 

Jul and Jordy lost it they both started punching the wall while Jayin broke down on the floor. Matteo could do nothing but watch his baby siblings hurt themselves and break completely. 

"Wait I can fix this. I can fix this" Jay rushed to the laptop doing his having thing. Trying to pinpoint any signal breaking down the video frame by frame to catch any details. Still mumbling that he could fix this. 

He kept working until Jul and grabbed his shoulder, "You can't no one can but we will find him."

"NO, I can fix this I can find him. We just got our family back and they're already gone." He shouted and fell into Jul's arm as she brought them to the ground. She continued to rub his back holding back her own tears and anger. She knew how Jay craved control. He made sure that when leaving the house he had everything in place in doing so he was often late. When he was younger they thought it was OCD but just a severe case of anxiety. 

His not being able to help his sibling ate him up. The only thing he could ever do to help his sibling was to find them and erase them and this was the only time he would not be able to find his sibling. 

Matteo grabbed Jordy she began crying while his fists ache. 

The only thing that could be heard through the house was the family's sobs and cries echoing off the walls.