Chapter 47

Jul's POV

Sitting here at our table the waiter brings around another tray of drinks. Matteo had told us that since tonight would be a while we could have one or two but after that, we would have stopped and sober up. 

I've been sitting with Nickolai at our table listening to his compliments on my attire. He would occasionally point out who people were. 

Being the heir to his father's mafia he had attended multiple balls and had experiences with these people. He had advised me to not drink anything unless I had seen it made. 

With songs playing in the background Nickolai stood up holding his hand out to me. Giggling I take his hand and we made our way over to the ball floor. His hand lands on the small of my back while his other hand keeps his grip on my hand.

We moved on the floor, I followed his movements not really sure what to do.

"You really do look beautiful tonight." I blushed at him hiding my face in his chest.

He chuckled vibrating my face, "Let's go dinner is about to be served."

He led me back towards our table, pulling out my chair and sitting next to me. 

Everyone else made their way over, behind Jorden stood a girl with black hair hiding her face.

They both sit down when they do the girl moves her hair allowing me to see her face. Beth. The shy girl that Jorden had defended when we first joined the school. 

"Everyone this is my girlfriend Beth." Jorden introduced her to us we all said hi while she whispered hi intimidated by our table full of mafia members. 

Getting back to our conversations, not at all surprised I mean they sat together at every lunch so something had to be going on.

I sat talking to Rose who sat on my other side when I had to use the restroom.

"Hey I'm gonna go to the bathroom" 

"Do you know where it is?"

"Yeah, Nickolai showed me earlier," I told Nickolai where I was going before I made my way across the giant room.

I made my way into the bathroom, closing the door I walked over to one of the stalls. 

I finished and went to wash my hands. Moving to open the door I was pushed back into the bathroom. Looking up I was started as a man pushed me back until my back hit the counter painfully hard.

He held me back and put his hand around my neck. He brings out a knife trying to lodge it in my skin. I put my hand blocking his attack. 

This angers him as he tries harder to push against my hand. His other hand started to squeeze around my throat. He squeezes harder cutting off my air, I gasp for air. 

He brings the knife closer to my eye before being ripped off of me. Falling down I grip my neck trying to get back my breath. 

I can only hear the man's pain-filled groans as my breathing picks up in panic.

"Fuck, Jul look at me." I try to focus on the voice recognizing Nickolai. I latch onto his coat trying to bring a sort of comfort to me. 

He rubs my hair gripping me to him whispering sweet words to me. 

He picks me up and carries me out of the bathroom. He brings some to his car as I hide my face in his neck not allowing any tears to fall. 

He sets me down in the car he tries to get up but I only tighten my grip.

"Baby please let go so I can drive us home." I hesitantly nod and let go of him watching him walk over to the driver's side of the car.

When he gets back in he pulls out his phone and texts someone. He starts to drive and grabs my hand rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hand. 

We pull into his driveway he gets out and comes to my side. He picks me up again and brings some inside.

He takes me upstairs to his bathroom. 

"How about you take a shower and ill be back with some clothes and a first aid kit. Okay?" He holds my face until I nod and he leaves the bathroom.

I avoid the mirror as I know there is a handprint bruise on my throat. I strip off my dress, jewelry, shoes and take out my hair. Stepping into his shower I grab his soap and wash my body and hair, loving his scent filling the room. 

Once done I grab the towel and open the door stepping into his room where he sits on his bed changed. He lifts his head up and brings over a small pile of clothes for me. He kisses my cheek letting me go back to change. I change into his boxers and one of his shirts, the shirt is long enough to cover my ass that I don't need pants. 

Walking out a having the towel wrapped around my hair, Nick waves me over to him on the bed. 

Sitting down next to him he grabs my legs and brings me to straddle his lap. He opens the first aid kit and puts a cream on my neck. The burning makes me move my head backward. 

"I know baby but this will help with your bruises."

"Any more injuries that happened?" I think back to the event, I nod my head remembering when he smashed my back against the counter. I stand up, turn around, and bring the shirt up showing him my back. He takes in a sharp breath before putting the same cream on my skin putting a hand on my hip to keep me in place. 

"All down baby, time for bed. I called your brother while you were showering, he agreed to have you stay here for the night. Your brothers got the guy out of the bathroom they're going to question him tonight." I nod my head and snuggle deeper into his chest. 

He continues to rub my arms and occasionally kisses my head. Safe in his arms I grudgingly let sleep take over. 

Nickolai's POV

With Jul in my arms asleep I think back to earlier this night. When she had a while to return I went to check on her thinking that she had gotten lost.

Walking by the bathroom I heard a struggle and rapid gasping. I broke in and saw a man with a knife trying to stab a chocking Jul. 

I of course let my anger take over, my knuckles are bruised and red from hitting the man.  Seeing her delicate skin bruised and colored I had to take deep breaths before rushing out of here and killing the man. I had to be here and take care of her. 

I don't know who he is order who ordered the attack but right now all that matters is Jul being safe.