Chapter 43

Dantes POV

Yesterday Jayin let slip that today is the triplet's birthday. We all knew that today was Vincenzo's birthday, but the triplets never told us.

They probably never celebrated which is heartbreaking.

For not telling g us I decided to wake them up in a fantastic way.

I asked Luca to make them breakfast, while he was doing that I would be taking my lovely buckets of water upstairs. My first stop is Enzo, he will help me because these buckets are heavy.

After much convincing and bribery Enzo agreed to help me.

Walking into Jayins room first I sneak up and pour the first bucket of water in him before covering his mouth to block his screams from the frigid water I got.

"Happy birthday." With that, I and Enzo walked out and made our way to Jordan's room. No matter how many ti.es tell me to use their nicknames their full names are just better.

Moving into Jorden's room we have to be much quieter as he is a light sleeper. Moving towards him I tell Enzo to move and pour the water while I cover his mouth as he has a faster reaction time than his twin.

"Happy birthday." His scowl was enough for me to run out of his room,when Enzo calmly walked out with our remaining bucket.

Our last stop Julianne. Walking into her room I was hoping to find her in bed but instead, I find my shirtless friend and my sister missing.

Enzo without a second thought dumps the bucket right on Nickolai's head. He gasps awake looking at us.

Julianne must have heard Nickolai and rushes out of her bathroom thankfully fully clothed.

"What the hell happened?" The fury clear in her voice witnessing her soaked bed and boyfriend. Even the word is disgusting when Matteo told me I almost threw up, the boy I have been friends with for years dating my little sister.

"We came in here to wish you happy birthday but  instead find this." I poi t towards Nickolai who still sits shirtless only knowing he is cold.

"Downstairs now so you can both explain," Enzo speaks this time before storming out of the room.

I hear Julianne sigh as I leave along with her telling Nickolai to put on a shirt and dry off.

Downstairs we can o er the other brothers into the living room. Me and Enzo stand in front t of the room waiting for the final two to show up.

When they enter the room Nickolai has a shirt on but his hair is still wet.

"On my expedition to wake up my little sister on their birthday. We came across the most unholy sight. Our sister Julianne Angelic Russo was laid in bed with a shirtless Nickolai Ivano. What do you have to say of that Matteo?"

"I knew he was here."

"WHAT!!"

"Yeah, Jul came in my room last after having a nightmare and asked if Nickolai could spend the night I said yes."

I was shocked I mean he just let her have a boy over. Nevermind the reason.

I stood with my mouth hung open, I looked towards Jul and Nickolai He sat smugly giving me a sly smirk purpose moving his arm around Jul who sat next to him. Julianne rolled her eyes at us before getting up and greeting everyone else and smiling at her triplets who are still sporting wet hair. 

"Well, now that is over happy birthday." Luca moves and hugs each of the triplets. "Breakfast is done lets go eat."

Sitting down Luca brings out a platter of pancakes and waffles. On the table already is bowls of mixed fruit and orange juice with one placement having apple juice in place already. 

"Everyone, later today the family will be coming by alright. Nonna and our Aunts have already decided to have a small party type gathering of just us, tonight will be having a family dinner."

We all nodded and brought our attention back to our breakfast.

A few hours have passed and Nonna called Matteo telling him that they were all on their way here. The plan is to have a small present exchange and then go to dinner.

A knick in the door alerts us that everyone is here.

Luca opens the door and allows everyone to greet each other. Nonna and Nonno come in and make their way towards the triplets before Nonna drags them to the living room scolding them for not telling anyone about their birthday. 

We all sit down in the living room, Vincenzo sits next to Nonna on the love seat. The triplets sit on the couch in sync. 

Our uncles and Nonno all had a few presents that their wives forced them to bring them in. As a tradition, Nonna hands out the gifts. 

"First this is for Vincenzo from Uncle Ale and Aunt Deliah," She hands him a medium, rectangular box. He opens it to reveal a new remote control car. Vincenzo squeals in delight and shakes the box begging to open it and play. "Later, after everyone has opened their presents you can play with it. Next up the triplets." She hands Jayin a thin rectangular box, Jorden a more square shape box, and Jul a think square. 

Jayin is the first to rip open his present, he was given a new type of laptop that I recognize from our mafia. Jorden opens his box to show a new pair of boxing gloves. Compared to his brother who didn't think twice to hide his excitement, Jorden showed his appreciation by giving Nonna a small smile.  Jul receives a sketchbook and says a simple thank you. 

"Next from Uncle Angelo and Aunt Laura," Vincenzo received his gift earlier from his parents, she hands Jorden his. After everyone had handed out gifts including us it was time for Nonno and Nonna to give out their gifts. 

Nonna hands them their gifts. Each receives a slim rectangle with a simple white bow on top. 

Jorden and Jayin both open their last gift a silver necklace with a simple circle charm. 'Russo' engraved on each one, Jorden has an 11 while Jorden has a 12. 

Jul opens her gift last, her smile shows how happy she is. Looking over her shoulder I see that she has received a necklace simple yet beautiful. It has our last name engraved on it with the number 13. The number seems insignificant unless a part of the family. After each child is born we get a necklace identical to the number of which grandkid we are. 

"Thank you." The three spoke at once before glaring at each other causing everyone else to say their welcome and laugh. 

Nonna shoos us all off to get ready for dinner. 

Jul's POV

This has been the best birthday I can remember. This is the first birthday I have ever had that actually ended well. I am now officially 17, it fun to share a birthday with someone new. 

Going to get ready in my room I remember when Dante got all serious this morning with Nicklai here. I mean I may be a teenager but I would never just invite a boy over without telling one of my brothers. 

Last night I had a nightmare about Leon killing me and Marco, the only thing I could think of was when Nicolai was able to comfort me back in the hospital. So I called him and then texted Matteo to see if it was okay that he spent the night with me, he obviolsuy was okay with it. 

I took a shower this morning so I just change into my outfit. I choose a cute black dress, red-bottomed heels. I curl my hair and do my makeup in a basic look and light smokey eye. 

Nickola at some point called me during the process and wished me happy birthday. We decided that another night he would be able to give me my present since tonight was our family night. 

Satisfied with my look I made my way downstairs ready for dinner.