Chapter 49

Jul's POV

Waking up I feel the sharp pain in my head. Rubbing my head to try and relieve some tension I throw my arm over to Nickolai's side.  Feeling it cold and empty I look up at the alarm clock. It reads 10:00 am, Nickolai leaves for work around 6 in the morning. When we first started living together I would wake up with him but now I've gotten used to sleeping through his alarm. 

Getting up the pain increase but regardless I push through to go to the bathroom. Walking in I turn on the lights a big mistake. Immediately the pain in my head intensifies and feels like a knife is being plunged through my skull and twisted. 

Turning off the light I of to the bathroom in the dark, washing my hands I brush my teeth leaving my hair in its rat nest not really caring. 

I check my phone when I get back to bed seeing a text from Nickolai.

Nicky- Morning baby. You were asleep when I left I didn't want to bother you

Me- Hi. Could you do me a favor?

Nicky- Sure 

Me- Could you bring me some painkillers. I have a headache and we are out.

Nicky- Of course, baby give me a few minutes and I'll be over

Me- Thank you

Nicky- Of course, baby, try and close your eyes if your asleep I wake you up when I get there

 I shut off my phone and close my eyes. After a few minutes, I hear the elevator open and close. Hearing light footsteps towards me I can tell that they are Nickolai coming here. 

The door opens slightly letting in some light, I pull over the blanket over my head to block out the light that is worsening my head.

"Hey baby, I got you some medicine." His soft voice barely above a whisper he moves closer to me. He rubs his hand over my blanket-covered shoulder. He moves the blanket so he can see my eyes.

"I know baby, just sit up, take the medicine, and go back to sleep." I nod my head and sit up with his help. He hands me two pills and a glass of water. He puts it on the nightstand after I swallow. 

Laying back down, he kisses my forehead. I think he goes to leave and head back to work but instead, I hear ruffling in the closet and feel a weight on the other side of the bed. 

"What are you doing?" I ask with a hoarse voice as it barely carries over to his ears. 

"What did you think I would let my sick girlfriend stay home alone? No way." He looks over and me and brings me over so that my head is laid in between his head and pillow. He rubs my back and lightly kisses the side of my head. 

I wake up after who knows how long, my headache is not gone but defiantly not a bother anymore. Nickolai's spot is empty but not cold so he recently left. 

I can hear him slightly in the living room. Getting up out of bed I move towards his voice finding him sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone. 

"Hi baby, so you feel any better?"

"Yeah but now I'm hungry," I whine and sit on his lap pushing my head in the crook of his head.

His chuckle vibrates my body, "What do you want?"

I shrug, "I don't know."

"Well, neither do I."

I shrug again and look into his eyes with a slight pout on my lips.

"Hear, how about I go get us something."

"Okay."

"I'll be back baby." He gets up, grabs his keys, and leaves me on the couch. I watch him leave our penthouse waving at him as the elevator door closes I see him chuckle before the door closes completely.