Chapter 44

Jul's POV

Arriving at the restaurant we all made our way towards the table in the back. A waiter came over shortly asking for drink orders. The woman ordered glasses of wine while most of the adult men ordered a whiskey. Luca and the younger ones ordered plain water. How boring me, Enny, Angelina, and Valentina ordered lemonades of different flavors.

We all decided what to order before we broke out in our conversations. Angelina and Valentina included me in their conversation about boys. It was weird now that I was not single, we would talk about who we thought was cute and Val would tell us about her hookups. Now it just seems awkward for me to be involved. 

Soon enough we ordered our food and it eventually came. We continued our lessened conversations. Aunt Laura broke the silence, "Did you three ever celebrate your birthday before?"

"Not really, we would acknowledge our birthday but no actual celebration was ever in place."I shrug as most people would pity us for not having a normal childhood but for us, we eventually got us to everything. 

Everyone grows tense at my mention of our childhood, I know that they feel guilty for not being in our childhood but you can't blame them. They didn't know we existed until a few years ago. 

"Oh, I'm sorry dears. Well, now you won't ever have to worry about that." Nonna speaks giving us her calming tone that helps no matter what. 

We all break back into the conversation, this time I talk to Enny.

"What do you mean you have a boyfriend?" His little voice tries to be intimidating but fails as his cute baby face makes everything cute. 

"Do you remember Dante's friend, Nickolai?" He nods his head, "Well that is my boyfriend."

"I don't like him."

"Why not."

"He's your boyfriend and that is not okay." He points at me.

"I'll be sure to let him know when I see him next to that he still needs to ask for your permission to date me. Okay?"

"Okay"

With that dinner is over, everyone comes back to our house to stay awhile. Since the ball is coming up soon they will just stay until it's over. Walking back up to my room I pass by my triplets and we wish each other happy birthday for one last time before separating. 

Walking into my room I check my phone answering the texts I got from friends wishing me happy birthday and asking to make plans. I wash my face and change my clothes completing my night routine. 

A knock interrupts me from my activities, answering the door I see Nonno outside.

"Hi,"

"Hey, baby girl. I care here to see you." He comes into his room. He takes his seat on my bed before reaching in his pocket and pulling out a small picture. 

"When I started having kids all I wished for was a daughter. That never happened, and I had some faith when I could have grandkids I would get a granddaughter." He pauses taking in a breathe, "When your dad told us that Erica left we were furious. Hearing that she was pregnant our hearts broke. Now that we have you all here with us I hope you know you will always be safe." He brings me into a hug, allowing me to see the photo of me and my triplets when we first met everyone. In the picture, we all were standing together smiling at something. 

With that he gives me a kiss on the forehead an leaves my room. Something out his talk brought a sense of overall clamness into my body. The thought of belonging here is the best thing i could ask for. 

Shaking off my thoughts I call Nickolai as I had promised to do hours ago. 

"Hey baby." His tired voice brings a smile to my face.

"Hi. I was thinking that your name is too long. I mean mine is long so everyone calls me Jul but what's a shortened version of your name?"

"Don't really have one, my parents always called me baby boy or son. While my friends called Nickolai."

I sigh into the phone," What about Nick? No, that's too basic. Nico? No. What about Nicky?"

"Absoulteyl not it makes me seem like a hooker or something."

"Nicky it is."

He sighs but gives up, giving into my nickname. 

We talk for a few hours before deciding that we need to go to sleep for school tomorrow.