Chapter 46

Jul's POV

Last week me and Rose had our final fitting for our dresses. Bella really has amazing work, when we got our dresses at first I was worried about how they would look on. But after last week I was ecstatic to wear it, it really was better than I could ever imagine. 

My cousins had their outfits finalized before they came over to stay. My brothers got their suits made two weeks ago and had their final fitting last week as well. Jayin had shown me their suits before, they were the traditional black and white suits but they had a dark green tie and pocket corner. 

All of the females in our house were getting ready in my room as it was the biggest, Rose had also come over since she is a part of our mafia and will be entering with us. 

Getting out of the shower I meet with a lot of chatter and smiling faces. Starting first we all divide to make the process as easy as possible. 

Me and Rose start with doing our hair. I start by separating my hair into sections.

"Are you excited Jul I mean your first ball?" Aunt Laura speaks up looking up from painting her nails.

"I mean yeah. Just don't really know what to accept." I shrug my shoulders as I continue parting my hair. I start to curl the pieces, looking through my vanity mirror at everyone else. 

"Don't be nervous dear everything will be okay. Besides if you get overwhelmed just ask Nickolai to take a walk with you." Nonna suggests while she is doing her makeup.

The rest of the girls giggle at the mention of Nickolai, I roll my eyes at their teasing. 

After finishing up my hair I spray some hairspray and finish the ruffling details. I move towards my limited makeup collection. I start with just the basic face makeup. I go a little bit more out there with my eye makeup. I add a wing and do a sparkly black and green look. I match a dark red lipstick with my look. 

I put on my black jewelry, simple black onyx earrings, and a black opal necklace. I move towards my closet to put on my dress and shoes. Looking at my shoes I notice the subtle shimmer or my black heels.

Looking up at my full body mirror I slightly gasp. Looking up I gawk at the emerald silk layer in a traditional ball gown style. The top is in a sweetheart neckline and off the shoulder, with a pretty lace detailing. Paired with my hair and makeup the outfit looks beautiful. 

Stepping out of the closet, Nonna gasps drawing everyone's attention to me

"Oh my dear you look beautiful, Nickolai is one lucky guy." I blush at her suggestive comment and wink.

With everyone else's comments and ready to go we make our way downstairs. Hearing our heels click on the stairs the boys who are all waiting downstairs draw their attention to us. 

Nonno grabs Nonna's hand brings her into a slight kiss. My uncles do the same with their wives.

Jayin had asked Rose to attend the ball as his formal date, she had accepted. Jorden said that he had to leave a few minutes early as he had a date but she was getting ready somewhere else. He still wouldn't tell me who the mystery girl was. 

Valentina and Angelina didn't have any dates, Angelina said that she didn't want them now while Valentina was hoping for a hook-up would come out of this night. 

Matteo and Marco had walked to me helping me down the stairs. 

"You look beautiful Jul." Matteo had said bringing me to his side giving me a side hug. 

The rest of my brothers had given my compliments while Enzo and Jorden mumbled something about Nickolai keeping his hands to himself. 

"Everyone lets go." Matteo had ordered causing all of us to move into the limo waiting outside. In an SUV in front and behind us filled with security. While violence was not allowed that didn't stop people from trying to sneak weapons in. 

I would have liked Nickolai to be here with me, but since he was a part of another mafia he had to have a separate announcement. 

Stopping in front of the large grand building my nerves started to build. Getting out Mattoe held out his hand for me, stepping out a few flashes shocked me. 

Walking into the building I climbed the grand staircase entering through the floor-to-ceiling doors. Entering the sight of gold and white decorations lined the walls. The glimmer in everything caught my attention as I could not focus on one thing.

A man stood outside of another pair of doors, "Hello Russos are you ready to be introduced."

Matteo nodded at him grabbing my hand escorting me in. Valentina grabbed her twin's arm while Angelina grabbed her younger brother's arm. We had left Enny with a trusted maid that would watch him until we got back later tonight. 

The man introduced us as the former Don and Donna, Nonno and Nonna. He had introduced each individual family saving ours for last. He had introduced us and our escorts. Luca, Marco, and Enzo had no date so they were introduced first along with their ranks. 

Then Jayin was introduced with Rose followed by Jorden. He had said in the car that his date didn't want the formal introduction so she would already be there. Last was me and Matteo, a tradition the Don if not dating would escort the princess if there was one. 

Walking down these steps I came across Nickolai's stare, he was supporting an all-black suit with a green tie matching my dress. He came up on the stairs and helped me down the final steps. 

With him giving me a chaste kiss on the lips placing his claim on me the night started.