Chapter 25

Nickolai's POV

The flight to the Russo island was always so long and boring. 

The continuous flight was a rule to never stop unless an emergency was occurring. No landmarks within miles of the island. 

I had been to the island only a couple of times. from those times we were in real danger so I can only assume that we are in the same predicament. 

While the others all are a part of the Russo's mafia by dad is the Russian Mafia Don. 

Most of the time we had to use the island, Allesio had let us for our own protection. 

Ever since that one day Dante had introduced us to the triplets, Jul has been on my mind. 

I mean I've seen plenty of pretty girls, even slept with a few but none of them left quite the ark that Jul did. And I've never even been in the same room alone with her. 

Pulling up to the house we could hear a faint noise coming from the backyard. 

Sure enough, everyone was there, the girls were all sitting in lawn chairs tanning and talking while the boys were in the pool. But Rose and Jul's hair were slightly damp. So they just have been at one point in the pool. 

The adults were all on the patio sitting down talking. 

Dante called me over to get in the pool, when he yelled my name and his command the girls all looked over. The green-eyed beauty locked eyes with me for a second before turning back around. 

Changing into my trunks i was gonna get in the pool gently but Dante, being the good friend he is, pulled my leg causing me to fall into the pool. 

The boy's laughter could be heard but this was nothing new. He could never do anything the easy way. 

After about an hour of hanging out Maria had come out with plates of food sending the older boys in to get the other plates. 

I watched Jul get up and walk over to her aunt Laura ask and whisper something in her ear causing Laura to nod her head. 

With that Jul left inside, my curiosity almost got the best of me but I decide to ignore it and take my seat. 

Maria had everyone pass down the plates for everyone to grab. 

"Jay honey could you make Jul's plate for her." Maria had asked in her usual sweet and angelic tone. passing him a plate. 

"Sure Nonna." He grabbed the plate and placed random things on the plate, blatantly avoiding some things. Tonight Maria had made us all Mexican-style dinner, tacos, homemade chips, tortillas, etc. 

When Jul came back she had put on a pair of pajamas shorts and a shirt with a little boy in her arm hiding his face in her neck. The boy I believe is Laura and Angelo's youngest Vincenzo. 

She had taken the only open seat between me and Jorden. I've noticed how Jorden no matter what sits on the edge. When at the table he always sits on the corner and the window seat in a car. 

I know that they were abused by their deadbeat mother but Matteo never went into detail just that they were abused and to not push them to tell us. 

Jul sits next to me with the boy still in her arms as Jay passes her, her plat from across the table. I notice the plate had chips but no guacamole  Maria must have also noticed. 

"Honey do you want some dip for your chips?" Her motherly tone really came out when talking to Jul. 

"No." Jul paused before she continued as if to ponder her answer, "I'm allergic to avocados."

"Oh of course dear. Why didn't you tell me so I could have made something else for you?" Maria had changed from her sweet tone to her scolding tone that I had seen a few times when Dante or Enzo fucked up. 

"It's no big deal, I just avoid it. I won't die if I have some but I will get ill." Jul calmly explained as if she had rehearsed it in her head countless times. 

"Is there any other allergies between you three I need to know of?" 

"Jay's allergic to cats but will ignore it also pineapples but he can get a deadly reaction to eat so we never eat it. Jorden has no allergies." Jul had explained. I've noticed that when it comes to things like introducing stuff about themselves Jul always takes the lead. It reminds me of a mom, introducing her kids to a teacher or telling a family member or a friend about anything dealing with the kids. 

I realized that Jul must have had to take on the motherly role growing up. Jorden took care of protecting them and becoming a safety net or a blanket. While Jayin hides his pain with his childish antics as he had to always ring joy to the other two growing up. 

We all finished dinner without any more entering facts or stories. We all departed towards our rooms. 

I take a shower and change for bed. Laying on in bed I cant see to fall asleep and when I am able to close my eyes Jul pops into my head. Her smile at dinner when talking to Vincenzo or her helping clean up dinner after being told she didn't have to.

Deciding that I can't sleep I head downstairs to the kitchen to find the light already on. Walking in I see Jul sitting there on the island with one of her grandma's cookies. 

She looks back at me before swallowing her bite, "Hi what are doing up?" Her suspicious tone tells me that she hadn't expected y one to be up. Which I mean it is like midnight. 

"Couldn't sleep, you?"

"I wanted a cookie." She seemed so relaxed compared to the first time that I had met her where she would have analyzed every answer she would give before talking. She was more carefree still tight-lipped about what she let lose but she was coming around to us which made my heart beat a little faster thinking of that. 

"I haven't had a chance to talk to you much, how have you been with all of the adjustings?" I walked ver to the cabinet for a glass of water. 

"It was weird at first ut with everything settling down it's gotten easier. I mean when I first came here  though for sure we would be gone in a week tops but since we all had our own little revelations it's been good." Her spirit seemed to pick up talking about her family. 

"Only problem that had been happening is that Marco I usually vent to him has been on a business trip which of course was extended over this vacation." her usage of air quotes when saying vacation, confirmed that she knew something was up. from what Matteo had told us she really was smart and observant, especially about her safety and family's safety. 

We spent about an hour talking before we excused ourselves and made our way back to our rooms. Tonight I went o sleep with a smile on my face.