Chapter 27

Marco's POV

Lying to Jul feels terrible but if she knew what we are really doing she would be furious. 

Ever since we were followed that one night Matteo has increased security long by having me try to track down any information on them. 

I was able to locate, the car that was following them from traffic cameras but the car was abandoned in an empty lot near the river. They could have dumped it in the river but they wanted us to find it. 

I still can't track down who exactly is behind the newest threats and until I can no one is safe. Granted the triplets are important to all of us in the mafia world the princess of the family is always seen as one of the most important family members. 

The princess is seen as the weakness but also the closest way to an ally to each family. And since we found Jul she has become our biggest weakness, but her twins are her biggest weakness. The safety of all three is the most important to us as they could be used against each other. 

Sitting here in a warehouse off the East coast of the US, the screams from the prisoners echo off the walls. Matteo sent me here to get intel as some of our warehouses have been having some break-ins along with weird activity recently. 

Whoever is after the triplets have been covering their tracks well, every camera during the break-ins was either covered up or turned off. The men caught on camera were always changing size and shape along with a mask with no mafia or gang association visible. 

"Mr. Russo, he said he is ready to talk." One of the men stationed here come into my office after knocking. The man in question is from a local gang, the Vipers, who have caused trouble in the past but nothing ever too serious. From inside sources we have an attack was being put in place. 

Walking down the steps the metallic smell of blood was stomach-churning. I never liked coming down here, the others could handle blood I however did not consider myself capable. Walking the sounds of screaming and pleads for help became louder as I walked by the guards all stiffened at my appearance. 

Once to the door, the guard opened the door revealing the shirtless man covered in blood. Not one inch of him didn't have blood or a bruise on him. 

"So I hear that you are ready to tell me why your punny gang was planning to go against my family." My tone mimicked the one I have heard Mattoe use when he was in sessions similar to this one. The man in front of me shook in fear as he nodded his head weakly. 

"Our leader, he said that someone paid him  to plan an attack on your family to weaken you and distract your forces while they finish the job." His voice wavered but I couldn't sense any lie from his talking. 

"Who was it that paid you?"

"I don't know, they never said their name only that your family would finally be torn apart." He shook his head as he spoke his fear becoming more present. 

"Is that everything?"

"Yes, I promise." He nodded his head rapidly wincing in pain. I nodded towards the guard that stood by the door to open it for me. 

Walking out I hear the gunshot that ended the man's life. Every man and woman here knows that when I leave the interrogation room the person is to be killed unless told otherwise. 

Going back to my office I lock the door and dial Matteo's number, "Hello, Marc is everything okay?" His answers when we call have become more worried and rushed since the triplets have come home. 

"Yes, The viper member talked. He said that someone unknown had paid them to attack to weaken us so that they could finish us. I'll more into it but knowing what's happened so  far I bet nothing would be attained from it." 

"Okay...Just make sure that you're being careful and get home soon, Jul keeps asking for you" The thought of Jul alone makes me smile, my little sister worried about me. I and Matteo say bye allowing me to get back to work. 

I check the bank records of the Vipers to see if any trace can come from the money transfer. Following that lead of across another dead end. 

The bank account number leads nowhere back to the same bank that was canceled the next day after the money transfer. Great still nowhere closer to finding out who these people are. I ran a check on our known enemies to see if any of them had any weird money transfers or withdrawals of similar amounts. 

Again nothing. Seeing as how it's dark I decided to call it a night. Walking out of the office I lock the doors and head towards the garage where my car is located. Unlocking my car an eerie feeling creeps up my spine I look around not seeing anything, I continue to unlock my car. Once in I hear the familiar click of a gun and the cold feeling of metal against my head. 

Then everything goes dark. 

Unknown's POV

With the brother in my dungeon, the family will be bending at my will. 

This family deserves to go down once and for all, and I intend to be the last thing the Russo family sees before I put my bullets in each of their skulls. 

The Russo's are officially giving on borrowed time.