Chapter 48

Time skip 1 1/2 yrs

Jul's POV

Since the last ball when I was attacked I never attended another one. Matteo and Nickolai had to as they are the leaders of our mafias. 

We were all able to graduate, Jorden is going to college for personal health as he wants to run a gym. Jayin is going to school for computer science. I decided to go for business management and hospitality. 

I have officially moved out with Nickolai in our own apartment, it's still near my college and only about 2 hours away from my brothers. 

Today Nickolai is at work, a few months ago his dad passed down the business and mafia to him when he turned 18. While he is at work I'm stuck here doing school work. 

I mean why is Stats so hard, I understand it is important for running a business but does it really need to be so difficult.

I could ask Nicky, but then I would have to call him at work or ask him after he had a long day. Jayin goes to the same college and we share a few of the core classes. Jorden goes to the local college and stays with our brothers. 

After the ball, Jorden formally introduced us to Beth. For a few months prior he had been talking to her and asked her to be official. At first, when I heard how long they were together I was hurt at how Jorden kept her a secret from me. But after he explained that he wasn't sure how she would react to the mafia. When he told her she took it well but he didn't want to overwhelm her with too many secrets at once.

After that, I understood where he was coming from with wanting to keep her safe. A few months ago Jayin asked Rose to be his girlfriend. They had taken it slowly to respect her but things started to get more serious and eventually the only option was an official title. 

Dante was talking to a girl but refused to tell us who she was as nothing was serious yet. Marco, Luca, and Matteo and all still too involved in work to have a love life. Enzo has increased sexual excapands. With the amount of one-night stands this man has I am surprised they are still girls that he hasn't slept with left around. 

Sitting on my bed I decided that the assignment was done and turned it in. Looking at the clock I noted that Nicky wouldn't be home for about 2 more hours. I make my way to the kitchen, searching through the pantry I find pasta. Boiling water I wait for it, as I check my phone. 

Getting lost in my phone I finally look up and see the water bubbling and dropping in the noodles. Now the long process of waiting for food to cook. With no more school work for the day, and summer break coming up soon my free time is pretty boring and extensive. 

I would call some of my friends but most are at work or school. Eh, I could just go work out. Why not.

The apartment that Nickolai owns is really a penthouse, it has a few bedrooms and bathrooms. A fully functioning laundry room, kitchen, and a small gym. Nickolai uses the gym the most before he goes to work, but it couldn't hurt. I've gotten lazy in the last few months of moving in and not having to do extensive mafia work anymore. 

Matteo made more rules for us, even out of the house he is still bossy. As long as we are in college we can't participate except for emergencies. 

Getting charged in my athletic shorts and sports bra, I throw my hair up in a ponytail. Moving towards the gym, I make my way towards the treadmill for a warmup. 

I put in my headphones and turned my music up all the way. Soon enough I got lost in my music. 

Nickolai's POV

Damn it, these people are fucking stupid. 

The only thing keeping me going is the thought of seeing Jul at home. Since she started college and I started working we haven't had much one-on-one time. It's really only dinner at home and going to bed. 

Deciding I have had enough of this bullshit I tell my assistant that I'm leaving for the day. Getting in my car I head home to Jul, thank God for the limited traffic today. 

Pulling in our underground garage I go in the elevator and scan my i.d card to take me upstairs. 

With the elevator opening up in the living room of our penthouse I walkthrough. 

"Jul I'm home."

Hearing no response I walk to our bedroom to see if she happens to be napping. Seeing her nowhere, I start to panic a little more as I search our house. 

Hearing a noise coming from our gym I move there almost running. Bursting through the door I see Jul punching the bag. Her skin glistened from sweat telling me she had been here a while. She didn't hear me I assume she had her headphones in. 

I lean on the wall waiting for her to notice that I'm here also let me watch her. 

After a few rounds of her against the punching bag, she turns around and jumps seeing me by the door. 

"Holy fuck. Nickolai you scared me." She pulled out her headphones passing her music. 

"Sorry baby." I move towards her. 

"It's okay. What are you doing so home so early?" She tilts her head in confusion. 

"My employees are a bunch of dumbasses. I had to come home before i killed them. But seeing you was definitely a plus." I grabbed her hips and brought her to my chest.

"What have you been doing today?"

"Just school work." She shrugged and moved her arms to hang on my shoulders. 

She looked up at me through her lashes and smiled at me. She never fails to make me breathless. Like for this instance, she was just working out and had the basic attire and was sweating, but to me she was irrestiable. 

Without skipping a beat I grabbed her thighs and wrapped them around my waist. With her face to face with me I presss a hard kiss against her lips. Moving my lips against her I carried her through the hallway. I kicked open our bedroom door, and dropped her on our bed.