Chapter 33

Third Person POV

The family rushed inside the warehouse with both of the bleeding siblings. Marco had passed out from exhaustion but Luca thought he would be okay once he was able to do a proper evaluation. 

A few of the other siblings and men had minor bruises and cuts from fighting but none life-threatening. The family would have some of their nurses take care of them. 

Jul however, was bleeding out. Time was the key factor in her survival. Luca kept quiet about the limited hope he had for her. 

Luca rushed into the room with Nickolai carrying Julianne. Jul was covered in her blood her clothes so bloody they were dripping her blood down on the concrete floor. 

They put her on the table Luca called for Anna, she was the only one the family trusted enough to work on the family. She had taken minor first aid courses but has been shadowing Luca for a few years at this point. 

The rest of the family was pushed out of the room, as Luca got to work. Anna had started hooking up the different machines to watch after Jul. Luca had cut off her shirt to reveal the gunshot in her upper right stomach, below her bra. 

Anna was frozen as she saw her friend bleeding out, Luca snapped at her to focus her attention on saving Jul rather than watching her. 

Outside of the room, Nickolai stood covered in her blood frozen leaving on the wall watching the door of her room. The rest of the family took up seats outside waiting for news on their sister and brother. Extent for the phone call that Jul had been shot no one knew the extent of what was going on.

Dante sat with his head in his hands, Enzo was clenching his fists as he sat next to him. Matteo had stood with his back on the wall closing his eyes to keep from crying. 

A nurse had walked out about an hour later, "How are they?" Jayin's rushed tone caught the attention of everyone as they crowded around the nurse. 

"Mr. Russo, Marco has been cleared and is no longer in danger. We have sedated him to allow him to have some rest. His wounds are no longer a danger. However, Ms. Russo has been admitted to surgery. Ms. Anna has informed me that Jul's wound is worse than she led on. She is currently out of the danger area but her recovery is the most important thing at this point." The nurse told the family shakily. 

"If you want you can see Mr. Russo, but I ask only a few at a time and be cautious as he could wake up even with the light sedation." The nurse finished as she walked away towards another room in the hospital wing of the warehouse. 

Dante and the V twins moved towards to see Marco. They sat down in his room feeling a little bit of relief at the thought that at least one of their siblings/cousins was safe. 

Matteo stayed where he was breathing out but tensing as he replayed that Jul was still not fully safe. Jayin and Jorden tensed in the same way as they could only think about their triplet being in danger. 

Nickolai stood frozen still covered in Jul's blood as he took in the information frozen in his place watching the door waiting for Jul to walk out. 

Another hour passed by with no word from anyone on Jul. Marco had woken up for a few minutes allowing him to talk to Dante and reassure his little brother. 

Anna had walked out of the surgery room, alerting the family still in the waiting room. "Jul is currently asleep but you can see her now. The surgery was successful she will be placed in physical therapy and be placed on bed rest for a few weeks." With that Jay and Jorden rolled their eyes knowing that Jul was never gonna stay in bed for days. 

"Ok thank you, Anna," Matteo spoke sighing with relief.

"Luca said to tell you guys that he would be going to take a shower but would return in a few to see Jul." With that Anna walked up to her brother hugged him and slapped him on the head before leaving the room for some rest. 

Matteo and Enzo followed the twins into Jul's room. Nickolai stayed outside letting the family have their time with her before leaving to change his clothes. Jay and Jorden latched on to Jul's hand taking in her pale appearance. 

The bandages that lined her body were visible, the few that lay on her arms covering the minor scratches endured. The bruise on her jaw a dark purple matched well with her cut eyebrow. A few of the cuts on her arms required stitches, a graze on her thigh bandaged. 

The other two brothers sat in the chairs, Matteo texted Dante to let him know he could see Jul know but to be quiet. Dante rushed into the room minutes later with a sleepy gaze, rushing to the seat next to Enzo. 

After two hours of sitting Luca had come in and convinced the family to go and rest and that Jul would be okay and here in the morning. They reluctantly agreed to follow Luca's orders. 

When they left, Jorden saw Nickolai outside the door and nodded for him to go see her. Nickolai walked in the room holding Jul's hand. He didn't know what to do only that he was happy she was alive. He would watch the monitor make sure her heart was beating along with watching her chest move up and down with each breath. 

He unknowingly fell asleep with his head on her uninjured leg with his hand grasping her hand in a tight embrace.