Chapter 38

Nikolai's POV

Waking up this morning I texted some of my dad's men to make sure that everything was ready for my date with Jul. I wanted everything to be perfect, so I had some security measures in place I wanted men to survey the area before we got there of course leaving when we got there but until being on watch. 

Last night after I finished the shipment, I went over to Jul's house to ask Matteo for permission. I wanted to have the acceptance of her brother along with the permission to take her out of the hospital for the day. 

Jul starts to stir on top of me. Every night she gets closer to me as she gets more on top of me throughout the night. I'm not comparing as long as she is comfortable and happy. 

Opening her pretty emerald green eyes she moves her body off of my mumbling sorry. 

"Get ready we have a date to get to" I get up and help her stand as that movement still gives her some pain. Today our date will involve her sitting there the only walking to be to the car. 

Walking her over to the bathroom I let her get ready telling her to dress casual and comfortable. I move to get dressed in plain dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt. I throw on a hoodie and my shoes. As I look up Jul walks out of the bathroom in dark blue skinny jeans and a loose-fitting cropped green shirt. Walking over to her I grab her hand. 

"You ready?" 

"Yep, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." I boop her nose causing her to glare at me. If she hadn't just been cuddled into my chest mere minutes ago I probably would have been scared. But she only looked cute to me. 

Laughing I gently drag her to my car. Sitting her in the passenger seat I make my way to the driver's side. I keep holding her hand the entire drive, it's about thirty minutes from the warehouse. 

Arriving the men stationed there got into their cars and leave. I gently pull Jul out of the car. 

I take her to the path wy that leads to the field clearing. A few years ago I got lost when trying to find the warehouse and ended up in this field. Eerv since I've been coign back when things get too much. Walking down I hear her soft gasp. 

The field has a substantial grass clearing surrounded by classic meadow flowers. The field looks over a hill and small pond making the sunrise and sunsets beautiful from here. 

I walk over to the blanket I had set out and help Jul get down being careful of her stitches. She's still gapping at the sight of the field while I'm watching her. The wind slightly moved her hair that she wore down today. Her lips slightly parted, as her eyes widen. 

Today I had all planned put. We first would hang out and have some of the snacks that jorden said she would enjoy. He happened to be there when I talked to Matteo, I would have told jayin but I thought being her triplet it would make more sense coming from her.

After I decided  that we could draw. I noticed when on vacation that she would spend a majority of time drawing in her room with Allessio and Vincenzo.

I figured that since she has been stuck in the hospital she could get put and od one of the things she enjoys.

We sit down and eat our snacks, strawberries, pretzels, chocolate candies.

"Thank you gorgeous the snacks. But we should probably get back before Luca gets to the hospital."

"No,no no. Matteo talked to him yubare released for the day and I have more  planned."

I get out the drawing things from the basket of food. Yesterday I bought sketchbooks, pencils, for us. I have no idea how to use this stuff but I assume she did.

I had her the stuff waiting for her instructions.

She grabs it from my hand, and opens the items and pauses looking through the things.

Jul starts drawing the tree near by while I sit down next to her frozen. She looks over at my lack of drawing g after a few minutes. She moves herself in front of me in between my legs.

She grabs my notebook and begins drawing a sketch.

"Do you see this branch here? Well now that you have the basic outline you just finish the final draft." She hands me back the sketchbook after pointing out and starting it for me.

I work on copying her but hers goes way better than mine. Her lines come out as being intentional while my look like a third grader.

After about 30 minutes she puts her pencil down and shows me her drawing.  Of course it's amazing, she asks for my. I give her my sketchbook of the basic tree that looks not realistic at all. You can tell it's a tree but you would never be able to tell that I'm 16 based on skill set.

She holds in her laugh but when she looks back at me she losses it.

"OK you don't have to rub it in." She rubs her eyes of tears,as she catches her breath.

" I'm sorry but I even helped you and let you watch me and you still only could have done this." I roll my eyes at her brother moving away.

She grabs my hand pulling me back, so I fall back on to my back pulling her more on to me. Her back on my chest.

She looks up at me through her eyelashes. Her green eyes captivating my attention for who knows how long.

She moves so we are chest to chest, we gaze into each other eyes before she clears her throat.

She stands up she puts her hand out for me. I grab her hand but pull myself up. I interlock our hands walking back to the car. I planned on texting my men to grab the stuff that we left.

Reaching the car we drive back in comfortable silence. When we get back to the hospital we change and lay down to watch a movie.

"Hey can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

She freezes up but nods her head at me. I grab her face and I kiss her. Her sweet,soft lips move gently against mine. I break the kiss before Amy things gets to heated or serious.

She cuddles into my chest hiding her blush as she falls asleep.

The rest of the night I spent staring at her watching her sleep and praying that she stays asleep and is safe in her own head.