Chapter 4

Jul's POV

The doctor walks toward me after an hour of waiting for an update on Nickolai.

"He is stable. He has a few broken ribs. Mostly cuts and bruises along his body. He has some signs of dehydration and starvation. He has an iv in now that should help him. You need to make sure when he gets home that he is getting enough food and water. I will send over a diet plan in the morning. He will be sore for a few days, he will have to be on bed rest for a few weeks for his bruises to heal. He will be able to go home with you tomorrow. I'll give you some medication for him, the pain meds can be taken every 4 hours as needed. The antibiotic needs to be taken at breakfast and lunch. You can see him now." The doctor walks away with a nurse telling her which medications to get me along with ordering a diet plan to be sent to me.

I walk over to his door, I knock lightly. I don't know if he is awake and I don't want to startle him. I walk in after hearing no response, walking in the machines have a steady beat telling me that his heart is still beating.

He lays on the bed with the machines hooked up to him, he has bandages across his body. He doesn't have a shirt on they left his sweats on as they had no serious cuts. His abdomen has more severe cuts so they left his shirt off with his bandages.

I sit down next to him grabbing his hand that lays on top of the blanket. I stare at his face waiting for him to wake up. Laying my head on his bed I hold his hand and let my eyes drop in peace knowing that he is okay.

I can feel a hand running through my hair lightly. At first, I tense up in alarm and then remember where I am. I sit up rapidly looking at Nickolai who is now awake.

"Hi, do you need anything?" I get up and grab the water bottle on the swinging table attached to the bed. I open it and bring it to him not letting him answer.

He takes to bottle gently taking a few slow sips. He puts the bottle back down as I move back to grab his hand.

"Hey, baby." His voice sounds a little better than before. I smile at him thinking about how he is finally back.

"What happened while I was gone?" His tone is somber.

I take a deep breath in deciding when I should tell him about his child. "After Alexi took over the mafia for you, I have been running your company. Your parents have been helping both of us." He nods his head along with me, "I did move, we now have a house." He looks up at me surprised.

"It's out of town, big yard, multiple rooms. An office space, big kitchen, gym, and training section downstairs. A security team that Alexi supplies us with." He gives me a small smile. "The doctor said you come home tomorrow, but you have to be on bed rest." He rolls in return. 

He lays down on the bed closing his eyes and letting me look over his beat body. 

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like I'm broken."

"I know you're not broken. But if I would have found you sooner-"

"No we're not playing this game, you did the best you could. You found me and I'm here with you. You can't live in the past there were days when I wished for death to come and the only thing keeping me going was you. Seeing you, hearing you, holding your hand, touching your lips. All of those things keep me going and gave me hope for making it out of there." I look up as I wipe some tears from my cheek. 

"Now that I have you back, I'm not letting you go. You know that right?" He has a deep, raspy chuckle.

"Yeah I do."