Chapter 39

Jul's POV

Finally, I can leave this hell hole. Luca decided today that I have spent enough time healing in the hospital that I can go home.

Nickolai has been staying here every night with me. Whenever he is here I get butterflies reminding me of when he asked me to be his girlfriend. I thought that we might be moving too fast but then I remembered that he has literally been sleeping with me since we got together and Dad was okayish with it. 

Matteo had Jordan get the homework that I missed while on vacation and in the hospital. 

Luca said that I won't be able to go to physical school yet but I will still be getting the work done.

Nickolai has grabbed my grab with one hand and the other grabbed my hand. He walks us out to his car opening and closing my door. We drove back to my house, listening to the radio. 

Driving in the boys are at school as Marco and Luca have gone back to work with Matteo. Since Marco's injuries were rather insignificant to mine, he was able to be cleared much earlier. 

Nicolai was able to convince his parents to let him skip school today as I would be alone. While in the hospital his parents accepted that he wouldn't leave me so they just had him do it online like I will be doing. 

Luca has told me no driving, no excessive walking, no exercise. The rules seem ridiculous to me, I mean am I really going to pull out my stitches by driving. 

I rather not cause an argument when my stomach still hurts after talking for a while. 

Nickolai helps me up the stairs his hand never leaving my side. We get to my room he puts the clean clothes I have left away in the drawers I tell him. While putting the dirty clothes in the laundry hamper. Since have been here the maids collect laundry every day they clean and fold them. But they simply put them in our closets and let us put them away. 

Nickolai helps me change my shirt as for now on I won't have as much access to my pain meds so I need to be more careful. I want to take a shower as the hospital shower was not the same. 

Walking in my bathroom I leave Nickolai in my room to watch tv. I turn on the shower letting the steam fill the room. I step in and scrub my body with my Black Cherry wash, I make sure to avoid the stitches I still have. 

Getting out I carefully wrap my towel around I put on my clothes, sweatpants, and a sports bra. Some shirts rub wrong on the seam and make it more painful. 

I brush my hair out but I want to braid it but moving my arms like that only hurts. Huffing out the air I shuffle out into my room. I hand Nickolai the brush and a hair-tie. 

"What do you want time to do with this?"

"I want to braid my hair but I can't"

He moves himself patting the space I between his legs. I move there letting him work with my hair. 

"Do you know how to braid?" I look up at him releasing that he might not even know.

"Yes, my mom taught me when I was younger so I could braid my little cousin's hair." He starts brushing my hair sectioning it into three sections. 

"When I was learning I practiced on the boys. They would always complain about it hurting but I think they were just dramatic."

He chuckles at me as he starts braiding y hair. The feeling of his hands through my hair, massaging my scalp. 

I have to start fighting to keep my eyes open, "Sleep baby, I'll be here when you wake up."

I let my eyes fall and stay shut leaving back on him fully feeling his arms warp around me pulling up the blanket.