Chapter 50

Nickolai's POV

Leaving the complex I drive towards a diner that Jul and I have gone to a few times. When we there last noticed a sign that they have take out, so why not. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the passing buildings, the blurs of their logos. The only thing that could be heard was the passing cars. 

I could turn on the radio but growing up my dad was adamant that when driving anything could distract you and could kill you. As the only child, I was raised to be an heir. 

My parents always wanted more children but my mom was only able to have two pregnancies. I was the first and my mom's second pregnancy ended in a miscarriage during the first trimester. After years of trying for another baby, my parents gave up. 

Puling into the diner's parking lot, I pull into one of the many empty spots. The emptiness of the parking lot was eerie, it was later in the day but usually, the place had at least a few customers. 

Shaking off my paranoid thoughts I make my way inside the diner. The bell-ringing alerts the waitress behind the counter. I make my way over to the elderly woman, "Hi can I get bacon cheeseburger with fries, and an order of chicken strips with fries as well."

"Sure thing, eat in or out?" The waitress continues to write my order down while talking to me.

"Out," I responded, she nods while I sit down at the counter. I go on my phone to see a text from Jul.

Baby- What did you decide to eat?

Me- Dexter's Diner, I got you some chicken strips.

Baby- Thanks, when will you be back

Me- About 20 minutes or so

Baby- K, text me when you are on your way home

Going back to scrolling through my phone I wait another 10 minutes before the waitress comes back with a bag and a receipt. 

"Here you go, the total is 15.76." She hands me the receipt and food as I hold out my credit card. 

She takes my card over to the register and comes back a second later with my copy. I thank her and leave the diner with the bag of food in one hand unlocking my car with my other.

I get in the car setting the food on the passenger seat. Pulling out my phone I text Jul that I'm leaving the diner. 

With that I make my way back home, pulling out onto the main road I drive. I stop at the light red, a black tinted out car pulls up next to me. Looking behind me I see two other cars identical. Training my eyes on the road I pull out my phone as subtle as I can, I call my dad's second-hand man that has become my second hand. 

"Yes, boss." I hear Alexi's rough voice through the speakerphone. 

"Alexi get men to my location" The light turns green urging my car to go forwards. I turn down another road. 

"What's wrong boss?"

"I have some cars following me." Looking behind me the cars are still following me and getting closer to me.

"On it, boss, men our on their way to you, do you want to me send someone over to Jul." Alexi meet Jul at my dad's stepping down celebration. 

"Yes, but I want it on the down-low. Just watch do not enter or talk to her unless something happens."

"Yes, bo-" The jerking of my car caught me off guard. Looking behind me one of the cars hits me again but this time at an angle to jerk me to the side.

"Shit" I try to re-direct my car but the constant hits are making my efforts futile. One of the cars is able to get in front of me during the chaos. They have gotten on my side and successfully surrounded me.

I'm unsure if Alexi is still on the phone but that is the least of my worries. I'm unable to reach my phone to call Jul, I continue trying to get away from these cars but every move I make is copied by them. The guy in front of me starts to speed up, allowing me to get around him. I speed up and start to get past them until he pulls in next to me and the two cars push me over. 

Unable to fight back my cars beings to roll until I'm upside down with blood dripping down my chin. 

With my eyesight going in and out I vaguely see three figures walking towards me. I try and reach for my gun that is in the glove compartment. 

The men rip open my door sending more glass on me and the road. One cuts the seatbelt off of my sending me falling down. Another one grabs my arms and pulls me out of the car. 

While dragging me to their cars I feel my eyes close shut. The pain unbearable.