Chapter 13

Jul's POV

I look over at Dante for any clue of what is going on inside. 

He looks down at me sheepishly and, " I kinda forgot to tell them we left." there it is. The idiot is going to cause us all a heart attack. 

Shaking my head, I walk towards the door to relive my brothers on their rampage.

"Hello, my darling brothers. Don't worry the favorite has returned." Dante said barging in causing everyone to snap their heads towards us. 

"Where the hell were you?" The deathly calm voice came from Luca. I always wanted to see him angry but damn, that was not what I had in mind. 

"You see I wanted to get snacks, you all were busy. So I asked Jul if she wanted to come with me. We left, got snacks, and have returned home safely and with snacks that we are willing to share." Dante replied nervously throwing in a few nervous giggles. 

The rest of the brothers looked furious. It was nice seeing a new emotion spread across their faces. 

"First, never leave this house without telling one of us. Got it?" Dante nods his head " Second, did you get sour patch kids?" Dante looked offended at that last comment.

"What do you think?" popping his hip out in remark to Luca's supposedly dumb question.

"Well since we found the never missing idiots. I'm leaving to hang out with Axel. I'll be back when I get back. " Enzo coldly told us and walked out the garage door. 

With that, we all dispersed. I put the snacks in the pantry because I still don't know if the snacks had a purpose. 

I head upstairs into my room only to notice the door slightly open. If you had walked by you wouldn't notice but I learned how to shut my door especially when leaving the house.

Walking in I see Marco sitting on my bed staring at the floor. Lookin gup at me when he heard the door open and close. 

"Hey." 

"Whacha doing in here?"

"I wanted to talk to you." I nod for him to go on. "I know we haven't spent any time gathering since you guys got here but I wanted to explain myself. When growing up I always wanted a sister but when Erica left us she took that dream with her. None of us knew she was pregnant and she never reached out after she left. I assume she did that to get away from us. Dad wasn't the greatest husband,  but he tried and was the best dad. He would always come home before dinner and make sure he didn't work while any of us were home. He came to every game we played, helped us with our homework, had family dinner.'

'But something always felt missing, I guess that was you guys. I see it in your eyes that something more happened when you all lived with Erica, until you are ready I don't have to know. I know it's hard but when dealing with Enzo he is so used to only us and having to not worry about anyone or have to feel the need to protect anyone. '

'But with you all here it's different. We now have three baby siblings to protect along with a little sister. I know Matteo will never you this but we're scared our life isn't the easiest, not the safest. I already missed so much of your lives and  I hate to miss more, we all do. After dad died Dante always hung out with Luca, Enzo would get in fights and ditch us for his friends. Matteo and Luca dived into work or rebuilding the family. '

'But you three single-handly, fixed our family. We hang out, Matteo cracks a smile, family dinner is a thing again." Marco finished holding back tears from his confession. I've never heard so many words from before. He stood up to leave but before he could I did something that I never would have guessed. 

I hugged him. "Thank you." I'm not sure what I was thankful for but we both seemed to understand what I had meant. 

With that, he left and our night continued. We ate dinner and for the first time, I realized that I am happy here and these boys are growing on me. 

I like it.