Chapter 40

Rose's POV

What the fuck do I do?

I reread the text to make sure that I read it right.

Jayin Russo- Rose would you like to go on a date with me tonight?

How do you even answer that. Do I like him? I don't know. He is my best friends brother, I'm not suppose to like him.

Not to me tonight one of my brothers friends and technically I work for his family.

No,dating home would just be to complicated. But what if I go and then show him how this wouldn't work. Then he would be the to break it off therefore no hard feelings towards anyone.

I type my response.

Rose-Sure I would love to go on a date.

Great now I sound desperate.

His response is instant.

Jayin Russo- Great. Thank you for giving me a chance. I'll come to pick you up at 7. Dress casual, no need to be fancy.

Since it's only noon I have time to spare. I set an alarm for 5:30 when I can start getting ready. Until then I can figure out what I can do to convince him that this is not a good idea.

Jayin's POV

Finally, I had enough courage to ask out Rose. I've been wanting to do it since we met but I thought that might be a bit too creepy. 

 I planned the whole date with the help of Anna. I'm going to pick her up at 7 we are gonna get dinner and then we are gonna go and get ice cream a beach stand. 

I asked Calvin and Cameron to take her on a date, they agreed with terms. Now for the most nerve-wracking part. Asking Jul for permission. I know I don't have to get it but Nickolai asked me to be her boyfriend and Jul deserves to have a say about me dating her best friend. 

I don't plan on asking right away, I think it would be awkward if I just took her on a date without consulting anyone. 

 Here I am outside of Jul's room with my hand hovering above the door. 

"Come in Jayin." 

"How did you know I was out there?"

"I could see your shadow under my room, and Luca and you are the only ones that knock."She turns back to her tv after explaining. " Oh and no one else is here." She smirks staring at the tv still. 

"Ok. I wanted to talk to you." 

"Yeah." I sit down on her bed getting ready to run if needed, while she pauses the tv. 

"I wanted to get your permission to take Rose on a date," I mutter barely audible. 

"Did you finally ask her out? I have been waiting for this for sooo long." She exaggerates as she falls back on the bed. 

I sit shocked at her reaction a few years ago when I had a crush on some girl, she didn't even know, she went ape shit and banned me from dating any girl ever. 

"But don't think me excepting this means that if you break her heart then I won't kill you. You will not be given special treatment because you are my brother." She points at me showing the meaning of her threat. 

"Now leave." She kicks me out of her room allowing me to get ready. 

I walk out and call the restaurant, Matteo suggested I use one of our restaurants, I check on my reservation and make any last-minute adjustments. 

I go to my room to relax until it's time. 

The hours pass by slowly, I check the time every few minutes. After an eternity it was finally time to get ready. 

I put on my nice pair of jeans and a black button-up. I roll up the sleeves to my elbow and wet my hands and run them through my hair. Adjusting my shirt I move to my car calling out to Ju that I'm leaving. 

She will have the house to herself, Matteo, Luca, and Marco are at work while the others are at their friend's house and don't plan on coming home tonight. 

Leaving I make my way to Rose's house, I sit in the drive way letting her know in here. I walk up to the door to knock when Rose opens the door startling me.

"Oh..hi I thought I would have to meet you in the car "

"I was just letting you know in case you still had to get ready." I scratch my head as she's nods.

I hold my hand out to her she looks at me skeptically before grabbing my hand back.

I lead her to the car and open the door helping her in.

I drive toward the restaurant, Matteo said that this place was the most scaled down one he had.

I assume it wasn't that tone downed but I wanted a sorta casual thing g for our first date.

I led her in, I walked up to the hostess booth.

"Hello, I have a reservation for Russo." She looks at me bites her lip before grabbing the menus and nodding her head.

When she sat us down she lingered around asking questions that I choose to ignore. Rose however was happy to reply for me.

Overall the date went well, Rose seemed more abrasive than normal but I think that she is just nervous. 

We ate dinner and now we are driving to the ice cream place. Parking the car I run over to her door. She looks up at me through he eyelashes grabbing the hand I held out. 

We walked to the door, "What do you want?" 

"Umm... I'll have a scoop of chocolate fudge in a waffle cone." Rose directed towards the young girl behind the counter. 

"I'll have the same," I ordered handing the girl my card. Me and Rose grabbed our cones and moved outside to one of the tables that overlooked the ocean and sunset. 

"Thank you, for tonight." Rose broke our silence. 

"Your welcome, I'm glad you agreed to come." 

"Yeah... but this can never happen again."

"What?"

"Us. It would be too complicated, I'm your sister's best friend you are one of my brother's friends. Think about it what would happen if we were to break up." She pauses looking away from me. She gets lost in the sunset while I lose myself in my thoughts. 

"Let me ask you something." I waited for her to nod when she did I continued, " Did you have fun tonight?"

"Well, yes but-"

"No, I like you Rose. I have since we met at dinner. If you are sure that this can never work then I will respect that. But Rose please me chnce to prove to you that this is right."

She pauses for a few minutes, i prepre myself for the inevatble rejetion coming my way.

"Ok"

"Ok?"

"Ok, we can try but i dont want anything offical lets go slow to see how this goes." I nod my head at her agreeing. 

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yep." We make our way to the car. I drop her off at her house. 

I open the door and walk her to the front door. 

"I had a good time tonight, thank you for coming and lettign us try." I give her a sheepish smile as she nod with her own small smile.

"Thank you Jayin, good night." She reached up and kissed my cheek. She wlaked in her house as I stood frozen on her door step.

I walk mindlessly back to my car and head home. That night I told Jul how my date went she was happy but again threatened me to not hurt her. 

With that I went to sleep with a smile on my face holding my cheek.