Chapter 22

Jul's POV

A knock sounded on the door drawing both me and Enny's towards it. 

"Come in," Enny said as if this room he was in.

I look at him he shrugs in return. The door reveals Nonno. 

"Hi, what's going on?" I ask him in case lunch was done or someone was needing us. 

"No, I wanted to come up here and see my two youngest grandkids." His gruff voice was intimidating but only brought me comfort. He came and sat down in between us.

The silence was deafening you could tell he didn't know how to approach me. All while Enny was busy coloring, I was able to find a random ass coloring book I had for adults but his scribbles looked better. 

"Look, Julie." Enny lifted up his picture for me across Nonno ignoring any warnings I had been given about respect. But Nonno seemed used to it. 

"Very pretty. Good Job." I coo at him.

"Yeah, I know it's good." His voice suddenly the confidence he didn't have just a few hours ago. Nonno looked proud at his reaction. 

"How are you?" Nonno broke the silence between us. 

"Pretty good since being here, I assume Matteo told you about Erica."

"Yeah, he only told us, adults non of the cousins besides Damien and Jameson know unless you want them to. They had to know for business and safety concerns." He was stiff and acted like he was more in a meeting versus talking to his granddaughter. 

"You know you can always relax around me. Act more causal kick up your feet you know crack a beer." I said acting out how I imagine a guy would do it. 

"Well first off this is me casual and I prefer scotch to a beer any day. What are you working on? I saw Vin's but not yours." He looked towards the sketchbook that I had closed when he sat down. 

I nod and open towards the unfinished sketch to show him. He nods and points to the trees in the far horizon line, "You should branch this out more so when the sun sets you can get the nice shadow."

I looked at him confused, "What I can have hobbies too." I shake my head and smile at him. 

We all talk for hours and have a lunch break.

Now we have to go out to dinner. Matteo told us to dress nice and that the Santiagos, Stevens, and Ivanos would all be coming as well. 

I took a shower and am now picking out y outfit. A pink satin dress that went to about mid-thigh, it had spaghetti straps so I throw over a black blazer, to appease my brothers and because it is cold. 

I wear my usual jewelry and curl my hair. I throw on a pair of clear/nude heels.

I hear my brothers call me downstairs for us to go. 

Walking down all the boys are wearing all back suits without the jackets making them look similar to bodyguards. Nonna is in a beautiful black dress that reaches the floor, Nonno and her have a matching necklace I just noticed with an A and M engraved with a plus sign in between. 

Aunt Laura is in an emerald green dress with a slit up the knee. Her red hair is pinned up in a fancy bun with pieces framing her face. Diamond earrings and a bracelet with a charm for each of her kids adorn her wrist along with her gorgeous wedding ring. 

Aunt Delilah is wearing a beautiful white silk dress and black earrings and necklace compliment her softer features. Her hair is placed in a high ponytail but curled so it looked cute. 

Valentina was wearing a black dress similar to mine but she had on a sapphire necklace that matched her twin brothers. She paired it all with matching black heels, with her hair down as well but she straightened her hair. Angelina was wearing a black dress and white heels. She curled her hair matching mine and an emerald green necklace matching her mom's dress. 

Walking out we all get into separate SUVs. Me, Nonna, Nonno and Enny are in one SUV. 

Walking into the restaurant I was completely wrong about how the one we went to with Calvin and meet rose was nothing compared to the elegance of this place. 

The gold detailing and soft lighting. The host visibly shrunk when we entered from the bodyguard brothers behind us were emitting intimidation and power. 

We sit down and are met with the rest of the family. Matteo brought us ver to a few unfamiliar faces. "Triplets meet the Ivano's you should know Nickolia from Dante. This is his father Christoper and his wife Kenna."

"Nice to meet you, the one glaring at you is Jorden, the girl is Julianne, and the most handsome brother me is Jayin." His extravagant introduction ended with him holding his hand out. Christopher chuckled and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you three your brothers have told us a lot about you."

We all sat down with Jorden at the end with Cameron and Axel near him. Rose and Anna had already sat down. I sat next to Nonno with Nicolai on my other side. We all ordered I had Jorden order for me as I was indecisive and he made good choices. 

Throughout dinner, we had talked. Too tired to further conversation and late into the night we had gotten in the car. Me and Enny had fallen asleep. I was highly jolted awake but was settled with the familiar scent of Nonno. 

"Shh go back to sleep babygirl we're home." His voice sent me further asleep.