Chapter 16

Third Person POV

Matteo walked over to Calvin both fuming with anger and confusion. 

They walk through the run-down door of the warehouse. The warehouse itself was seeming empty, dirty windows no life detectable. 

But inside was a different story, it was clean almost spotless. Walking in the family was meet with crates with no identifiable markings except random numbers. Matteo continued on his trek own a hallway into one of five doors. 

Walking into Matteo's office the all-black screamed danger and had a sense of 'do not fuck with me. Going to the bar in the corner of his office he pours himself a glass of bourbon. Calvin and Luca both follow seeing as this was the only thing that would relieve the noticeable stress the three carried.

Sitting down behind his desk Matteo drank his drink and looked at the door where Marco had been standing but still inside, Enzo had been gawking at the office. The triplets seeming unfazed took in their surroundings, while Dante stood frozen with his mouth open. 

Matteo waved his hand for them to come fully into his office. He pointed to the couch and seat in front of him. Calvin stood behind him lost in thought while Luca sat in one of the two chairs in front of the desk staring at Matteo. 

The triplets walked over to the couch and sat down weirdly in sync. Marco took the other seat next to Luca, while Enzo stood and leaned on the wall, Dante seeing nowhere to sit took to sit on the floor. 

Matteo cleared his throat causing all attention to come to him," I'm guessing you all wondering what happened?" Everyone nodded their head for him to continue. "While driving back we were being followed by who I do not know of yet but our team is on it to find out. Any questions?"

"What the hell is all of this?" Dante muttered in complete shock. While as Matteo obviously knew as he was the Don of the American Mafia. Luca and Calvin are his second and third in commands. Marco knew and was involved, he mainly did the hacking so once this meeting was over he would get started on tracking who was following them. 

Enzo was aware of Mafia but Matteo and Luca agreed that he was too young t officially join but agreed that when he felt ready he would be allowed. Dante was none the wiser, they had kept it a secret from him intending on him learning soon and given the same deal as Enzo to join when ready. For obvious reasons, the triplets didn't know. 

The triplets knew that mafia's existed from their underground adventures but in general mafias made sure that they kept identities a secret. Despite Marco and Enzo having limited involvement in the business both were fully trained in weapons and fitting, as well as basic hacking skills, Enzo more so basic skills as a backup plan if ever needed. 

Dante was taught in self-defense covered up by simply saying that it was a good skill to have especially with having million-dollar businesses. 

Matteo and Luca silently conversed with their eyes finally Matteo spoke" This is the main warehouse of the American Mafia, I'm the boss, Luca and Calvin are my second and third in command. Marco is one of the head hackers." Matteo simply told him as if telling him what's for dinner. 

The triplets looked at each other all three knew something was up and suspected mafia but hearing it confirmed is a very different thing. 

Matteo had expected a violent outburst from Dante and the triplets on how he didn't tell the never-ending questions. But none came.

"That is so COOL. I mean I knew you were scary but mafia. Awesome. Can I shoot a gun? What about knife throwing? I'm sure I would be great at it. Imagine how many girls I could finally get with this flex. " Dante started jumping while rambling leaving Enzo amused and Luca disappointed. 

"First off no, you should be with girls especially by bragging. Second, you will shoot a gun. Third.. just no." Luca rushed out at him with a tone most similar to a motor scolding her child. 

"What about you three? What do you think about all of this?" Luca hesitantly asked the triplets who had been quietly sitting there. 

"Oh, well we have some questions?" Jay asked quietly. He was more of the hacker of the group he didn't like violence unless necessary. 

Jul and Jor were the fighters who would fend off bullies from him as well their mom. He would just back them if necessary. With mafias being so secretive about their activities the triplets had no idea what they walked into.

"Go ahead. " Matteo nodded at them.

"Do you partake in human trafficking?"

"No we don't stand for it we actually takedown rings."

"Do you kill innocents?"

"No, we only kill when necessary."

"Who are your allies?"

"The Italians, Russian, and Spanish are our strongest allies but we have may more just not as powerful."

"Is this why Erica took us away?" This time Jorden asked the question. Ever since he was little he has wondered why. Why he wasn't able to grow up with his older brothers. Why could he never meet his father? Why did erica take the just to abuse them?

Matteo stiffened at that question he himself not really knowing the answer. The only one ever knowing the true answer would be their dad and Erica both dead, " I believe so, dad never disclosed information on Erica's departure just that he didn't approve of it. One night we were all sleeping and the next morning we woke up to Dante crying normally Erica would have gotten him but she hadn't. We soon found out that she had run in the night. That morning dad sent out a warning to find her but nothing ever showed up. We assumed that she had died or had help from our enemies. After dad died he had written a letter in the case saying that after Erica left he had found a positive pregnancy test in their bathroom he guessed that was how she ran. When he found out he filled a missing person report, until I got the call o you three no one else had known."

The triplets had a noticeable weight lifted off their shoulder knowing that they were wanted and their dad had been looking for them. 

Everyone was nervous about how the triplets were going to react after all Dante was just mesmerized by the advantages. Luca made a note to make sure that he had a talk about what dangerous means and the dangers of their world. 

The triplets showed no enlighten on how they were feeling. On the inside, they were all happy. First, they had similar values when it came to killing and illegal things. Second, they couldn't really yell at them when they told them about the illegal activities. If they did they would only be hypocrites.

"Cool so can we join?" Jayin's question had taken everyone by surprise even his triplets. They had never thought that their bubbly brother would want to join something that actively experienced violence. " I mean I know how to hack and both Jul and Jordy know how to fight." Both of his triplet's mouths dropped open at his revelation. 

"WHAT? What so mean they can fight and you can hack?" Luca yelled at them making them slightly flinch back. He noticeably softened his tone and body language. "What I mean is how did you accomplish all that and since when?"

"Let's just say that life with Erica wasn't easy and we did what he had to do to survive. Don't worry we haven't done any fighting since being here and no we don't plan on it it was simply a means to survival." Jul answered in her usual emotionless tone. 

Matteo nodded but was determined to find out what she meant by life wasn't easy. He had so many questions roaming in his head that he couldn't focus on one but one thing was for sure. 

They would always be safe and happy when living with him.