Chapter 34

Jul's POV

Waking up I struggle to get my eyes open, the heaviness weighs on them almost as if someone put tape on them to keep them close. I eventually got them open to feel a heavyweight on my thigh and someone holding my hand. 

Opening my eyes I see a mess of black hair on my leg. For some reason, I run my hand through the black hair. The silkiness is unmatched as I run my hands through it the person moves awake. 

The head turns suddenly, revealing Nickolai holding my hand in almost a bruising grip. 

"Oh, you're awake. Are feeling ok? Do you need anything? Are you in pain?" His rapid-fire questions barely gave me time to register the one before.

"Ok ok ok. Calm down baby, I'm ok, no I don't need anything, no not pain just a little soreness." I realize that I called him baby but it felt right too. He seemed to calm down when I answered his questions as he squeezed my hand. 

"Did you stay here all night?" I asked him noticing he was asleep when I woke up and the te clock showed it being 7:00 in the morning. 

"Oh yeah. I must have fallen asleep." He scratched his head sheepishly. I chuckled and immediately winced after. 

"So what happened last night?" I questioned. 

"What do you remember?"

"Um... Sitting in the van with Marco."

"Before you ask Marco is fine. You however were shot in your abdomen. The out you through emergency surgery but you should be ok. Luca said something about you having to go through physical therapy, but he should be here soon to check on you. No one else was severely hurt just a few bruises and scratches."

"Ok, can you call my brothers? And tell them to bring me food?" He chuckled but called for me.

"They should be soon. Jay answered really excited." He said causing me to shake my head. 

"Yeah, he tends to be over expressive of his feelings."

"Was he always like that?"

"Yeah, since we were little. Jorden always acted like the protector of us three, and Jayin was the childish one but someone had to be." I sighed thinking about our terrible childhood. 

"Well enough about that sad crap. Your brothers should be here soon, so I should go." I grabbed his hand before he could leave. I don't know why but him being here brought me comfort. He looked at me in shock. 

"You should stay, I'm sure everyone else is coming it be weird if you weren't here." I justify my need for him to stay here. 

"Ok." He uttered and sat back down. We continued to talk about random topics avoiding any triggering. 

Soon enough my brothers barged into my room, Jay holding a bag of food and Jorden holding a backpack. Dante and Jayin rushed in pushing Nickolia out of the way to get to my bed. 

Jayin pushed the bag of food on the bed before squeezing me hard hurting the stitches in my stomach. I winced as he squeezed harder causing Jorden to smack him on the head. 

"Sorry." He rubbed the back of his head. 

"Hi, baby sis." Jorden rubbed my head messing up my hair that already looked horrible. "How are you?"

"I'm ok." 

"Good because I have to kick your ass for scaring us all like that." He chuckled at me as he continued to rub my head.

I swatted his hand away pouting. Matteo came over and kissed my forehead before handing me my food from the bag. Luca checked my stitches and changed a few bandages. Enzo sat sulking in the corner, I thought we made progress after our heart to heart before Marco was taken but were back to square one. 

Slowly throughout the day, everyone else came to see me. Rose and Anna came to see me and we talked for a while and they brought me lunch.  I asked for Enny to come and visit me but since I'll be stuck here for a few days. So Matteo cut me a deal that Enny could come tomorrow if I rest. 

Now here I am everyone has left, Nickolai stayed here all day and offered to get us dinner, and then he would be back. 

Enzo walked in, looked at me, and sighed as he took one of the chairs next to me. "You know that was stupid of you."

"What was?"

"Getting shot."

"Well for your information I didn't choose nor want to be shot. Jack ass."

He just chuckled at me. "You really worried me."

"I'm sorry." He hugged me, and I felt small spots of wetness on my shoulder. "Don't cry I'm okay."

"I'm not crying" He wiped his eyes.

"Sure and I'm not in the hospital."

"As we get to know you more you've become sassier. I think I liked it better when you dint talk to me."  With that, we both chuckled and smiled at each other. 

A knock interrupted us, looking up Nickolai stood with our dinner. "Sorry to interrupt but dinner is here."

"I should get going, see you in the moring baby sister." Enzo rubbed my head as he left.

Nickolai walked in and sat down my dinner on the tray that came across my bed. He sat down and we talked for a while. 

As we talked a felt sleepier and sleepier. Luca had told me that I would receive a pain med that would cause drowsiness as sleeping could be tough with the injury I received. 

Nickolai was talking about his life in Russia, his parents moved when he was in his early teenage years. I tried to hide my yawn to not appear rude, but I couldn't suppress the yawn. Nickolai looked at me and turned off the light. 

"Goodnight, Моя богиня"

"Goodnight, baby."