Chapter 4

"Close yet far, let me touch you for once."

"C'mon Jungkook, where are you?" The 28 years old woman tapped her feet impatiently while her eyes were glued at the entrance.

Clutching her dress tightly with one hand she scrolled through the one-sided texts with another. Reaching the limit of her patience she rang his phone, hoping to see him enter soon.

"This is the fifth time I am calling you and you are not picking up. Are you perhaps planning to ditch a-again?" Her eyes filled up with tears as she frustratingly hung up and slammed the phone on the table.

What should I expect from you?

Grabbing her stuff, she got up from her seat, ready to leave but the moment she turned around, her eyes met with his cold ones. She flashed a smile to him, but it faded away in no time as she observed him keenly. How pale he was looking, how tired and exhausted. Her jaw dropped.

Her heart clenched seeing him walking closer to the table, his left hand was wrapped in a cast. Her legs automatically turned towards him, ready to help. What was it? Pity or Guilt? The heart skipped a beat as she reached closer to him.

"Let me help-", he scoffed in annoyance making it evident how much he wanted to avoid every touch of hers. "You better not", he licked the lips and walked towards the table taking his seat.

She bit the lower lip and dropped her sight at her son, smiling at him lovingly. Taking the seats she caressed his hair, staring at him for a few seconds before turning to Jungkook. Seconds turned into minutes, but she couldn't get enough of his sight. His heart skipped a beat as his eyes met her hazel ones, hiding in them millions of secrets.

"Hurry up, I have a lot of work. Say whatever you have to say to him."

I have a lot to say to you too.

Fixing the hair strand behind her ear, she faced the young lad, dressed smartly like his dad. He had groomed him well.

He smiled at her, making her more guilty of her sin as the tears accumulated at the brim, threatening to fall soon. "H-How have you been?", she whispered, pulling him in a tight hug, trying to feel every inch of him, everything she missed in these 3 years.

"I am good, how are you?", he said snuggling more into her chest and tightening the grip on her waist, "I-I am good too, I missed you so much."

He pushed her slightly, bringing his tiny fingers on her face and giggled while speaking, "You are so pretty, don't cry." She could feel the ice of regrets melting when he pecked her cheeks, breaking her into a tiny smile, "I missed you too mom."

"I hope you didn't forget me", her eyes stared with admiration and hope into her son's eyes.

"I can never, please come back." Her heart slit into pieces, falling somewhere deeper in her body. Only she knew how badly she was controlling from breaking down. The mother-son duo failed to notice the doe eyes that stared at them, feeling every single heart break, live.

I miss us too.

"You both sit here while I'll get something to eat and Subin, don't bother her, okay? I guess you are Dad's good boy, hmm?", he smiled at his son with a smile which she had missed in these 3 years. The tears he cried made her feel more guilty. They made her feel so horrible.

Rummaging through her purse, she fished out a candy and handed it to Subin, "Here this is for you because you are so cute."

"I am not cute; I am handsome just like Jin Uncle."