Chapter 13

"I trust your maturity, wait for me."

FLASH BACK

JUNGKOOK'S POV

He hopped in the car, with a smile never leaving his cherry lips. The ring in his finger shone brightly. He adjusted his bluetooth, pulled over his glasses and peeked at the misty brown paper bag, kept at the backseat along with white roses. He wiped the lone tear that rolled down his cheek and started the car.

"Just 3 hours more and I'll give you one of the best gifts of your life, honey."

..Flashback..

"Jungkook, I have never experienced love by the beach."

"Is it? Well... I will never let you feel that again."

..Flashback ends..

He clicked on his ear piece and slowed down the car, stopping by the edge of the road. "What happened Jin hyung?" He licked his lips, eyes staring at the busy road, heart beating for his love.

"I can't come to the meeting. I have plans with my wife", he croaked, shaking his head in denial. "Cancel the meeting hyung."

~

"Bring me some water", he ordered one of the employees, entering his room. Switching the AC on he loosened his tie and fell back on the couch. "I want to go home so bad", he whined, unaware of the storm knocking at the door of his happy life.

"Did any of my brothers come?" he inquired, chugging the water. "No sir", he nodded his head in understanding and dismissed him. Well, life had plans to dismiss his happiness too.

"Hyung will you be able to manage the meeting alone?", he aksed, fingers busy hitting the keys of his laptop. "Yes, don't worry about it. It's your day today, enjoy it. And yeah don't forget to give her a present." He smiled ear to ear, tapping his feet in eagerness and nervousness. "Yes sir", he giggled, pushing back his hair.

"... And done", he fell back on his chair. His eyes were shut. The mole on his chin looked tempting. The lashes were long, black and beautiful. The lustrous hair, buff body, tattooed arm, pointed nose, almond eyes. He was no less than a Greek beauty.

Getting back to his senses, he stood up, rushing towards the bathroom. He slicked his hair back, fixed his shirt, removed his tie, unbuttoned the first two buttons and applied his favorite Gucci perfume. Coming out, looking like a full course mean, he sat on the couch to tie his shoe laces.

His phone rang, as he struggled with his laces. "Hello?", he muttered, putting it on speaker.

"Kookie", his heart squealed and he clutched with phone with joyous eyes. "YUMI!", the girl at the other end giggled.

"Jungkook, can we meet?"

"I am sorry Yumi but I have plans with my wife. We can meet tomorrow if you don't mind?"

"Please Jungkook, maybe it's our last meeting."

"Why are you talking like that Yumi? Is everything alright? Is something bothering you? Is something wrong between you and hyung? Do-"

"I'll tell you everything later. Can we meet at the bridge over Han at 9 today?"

"...", silence crept in as the young man bit his lips thinking for a while. Glancing at the paper bag, he closed his eyes and heaved a sigh, "Okay I'll be there."

I'll make up to you love, I promise.

Y/N's POV

"Subin, you should sleep now. You have school tomorrow", she yelled from the kitchen, arranging some cutlery and returned to the living room with a packet of chips. "Mom when will dad come home?" The kid ran to her, seeing her seated on the couch.

"He'll be home soon Subin but you should sleep. Do you want dad to scold you?" He shook his head and nuzzled in her stomach. The mother-son duo giggled, careless of everything.

She inhaled heavily, eyes tired of waiting for him. Taking a last glance at her sleeping son, she minced towards the balcony.

"Where are you Jungkook?" The sky blue dress which she wore today was her husband's favorite. It looked beautiful under the moonlight. The table in the balcony was filled with lavish feast, candles and rose petals at the center. Her brown hair swayed against her hips, winds hitting them mercilessly.

She glanced at the wrist watch. 8:47 pm. Her heart shuddered, eyes starting to fill with tears. With heavy steps she returned back to the living room and flopped on the couch next to her phone. Her eyes twinkled with hope as she saw a text from him:
I am a bit busy today. I don't think I can make my way home any soon. I'll make it up to you tomorrow *pout* I love you ♡

Her eyed finally let out the tears. She sobbed with a pout and cupped her cheeks. "I had so many plans with you", she sniffled for the last time before raising up to her feet. Walking up to her room, she came out in a white top and black jeans with sling bag on her shoulder. "I'll go for a walk to Han", she mumbled to herself, locking the main door.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

He locked the car and sighed before looking at the time and walking towards the bridge. His bangs swayed in the breeze and the Rolex on his hand shone under the moonlight. "She's early?", he twitched his brows, seeing the figure of his best friend.

"Hey", he whispered in her ears, placing his coat over her shoulders. She flinched but smiled as the realisation hit her. Turning around in a speed of light, she pulled him in a tight hug as he laughed. "I missed you Kookie", he patted her hair and rested his cheek over it. "I missed you too beautiful~"

"You have transformed into a muscular pig", she teased as he let out a chuckle. "My wife loves it." She turned around, holding onto the railing, he doing the same.

"... So does Hoseok hyung still treat you the same?", he tried to sound calm as the cool breeze hit the face of both, her eyes twinkling under the moonlight. "He does but it's better than before", she passed an assuring smile as he nodded, "What is that you are willing to tell me Yumi?"

Her face went blank as the lips quivered to answer. She continued to stare in the space, thinking of ways to disappear in the thin air. A lone tear rolled down her cheek and she never wiped it rather smiled embracing the reality.

"Koo", she called out, still staring at the river shining beautifully under the moonlight. The lamps lit were making the place brighter but her life was turning dark, "What will you do if I suddenly disappear?"

The man stayed silent, processing her words, trying to think of words to reply to her back. What will a person do if his best friend disappears? He has never thought of this before. What was even the need to think about it?