Chapter 31

"I am running and crawling, fighting for you."

She stood up from the couch hearing the doorbell, wiping her hands in the apron round her waist. Her brows frowned. There was standing a delivery man, holding a huge package and a bunch of fresh white roses. Just like her favorite.

"A present for Shin Y/N."

She got back in with lazy steps and crawled to her room with tired steps. Her curious eyes scanned the gift as her heart felt knots. She unwrapped the box, pulling down the red ribbon and tearing apart the light purple wrapper. Her heart stopped for a second. With trembling fingers she picked up the red dress. A very expensive one.

She covered her mouth, screaming internally, and sat down by the edge of her bed. Her eyes caught the note which had fallen down. With a small pout she picked it up, and sat down comfortably on the bed.

She gulped the lump, feeling a tiny bit nervous and opened the paper.

Will you go on a date with me Shin Y/N?

                                                                  . . Jungkook

Her cheeks had that evident pink hue on them as the warm blood gushed through them. She squealed standing up, tightening the hold over the piece of paper and danced in joy. Her eyes teared up. But this time with tears of happiness.

Was this a new beginning?

He sat back with a thud at his black chair in his office, head resting against the head set, with closed eyes and a creased forehead.

Did he play the right move?

He pressed his fingers against his forehead, slowly opening his eyes and stared at the white ceiling. His eyes were numb yet joyous. The memories flooded his brain as he found himself drowning deeper in them.

The cheeks were in no time dipped in hot liquid as he began to cry with muffled sobs.

He was missing so much in his life. He was missing everyone he had lost.

~

READ THE PART AHEAD WHILE LISTENING TO DUSK TILL DAWN SLOWED AND REVERB FOR BETTER EXPERIENCE :)

His breath hitched as she stepped down the last stair, with a beautiful smile. He swallowed the nervousness, standing up from the place. His palms were sweating just like a newly wedded groom.

His heart was beating so fast, lips quivered and legs trembled with every step she took towards him. She looked so elegant. She walked closer to him, clutching the dress in her fists. Her eyes were twinkling so brightly. All he wanted at the moment was to stop the time, with her in the frame, in his arms, wanting to be happy forever.

"H-How do I look?" she pressed her lips, not daring to look in his eyes. He could feel his soul flying away. She was standing so close. He was at loss of words and continued to stare at her with eyes full of mixed emotions.

He flinched as she pulled the cuff of his chalky white shirt and blinked her bambi eyes. Jesus, she had surely hit his soft spot this time.

"Y-You look beautiful. Just like the wedding day." She blushed hard, hiding her face in his bicep. He chuckled huskily, tucking behind her falling hair strands.

~

He parked his black Mercedes in the lane and jumped out. With haste steps he reached to her side, brushed the wrinkles off his trousers and opened the door, just like a gentleman. She stepped down, holding his hand and walked in together with him with all the confidence she had built for the evening.