Chapter 25

"Let me lose more to understand it's importance."

The nervousness and hurt crushed her as she could feel her knees going weak and the things around her to spin. The hopes shattered, the words pierced through, digging a cavity in that heart which was trying to cope up with the circumstances. Everything felt fading away. Every person seemed against. The promises felt like a denial. Was it ever going to get better?

She bit the lower lip, forcing a thin stream of blood to ooze out of it which she sucked in quickly. The throbbing pain in her throat cooled down as she swallowed the huge lump and adjusted the lips into a tiny, doubtful smile. Her legs wobbled as she approached the guests, with a tray of food, made by her, with love.

I wish I could be the reason for that smile.

"Oppa", her fingers played with the necklace as she called out to them, with the softest voice, hoping to receive a reply.

She devoured the clump, hunched down, decorating the plates with the eatables, " Please have it. I made them-"

"Did I ask you to?" She blenched, as the eldest faced her with a poker face, cold eyes boring daggers in her soul. "Yoongi", he sniggered, sweeping his hair back, pulling the cushion from behind him, " I don't remember anything like being treated nicely by betrayers, do you?"

The heart ached as the words got absorbed in the ears and the flames of disgust and anger burnt her.

"Go away!" He slapped her face with his words, trying to push her away, trying to act as a savior to his brother who had deep scars in his heart.

"Please don't say like that-"

"Did you leave any hope of being generous? Or to act like a fucking human? Do you still deserve to be treated like one?!"

She sniffled quietly, a great tremor overtaking her as the eyes welled up with silent tears, threatening to fall any soon, to show how her heart was disintegrating slowly. It became hard to hold back anymore but still she did, she did what was the best and tried to give things another shot, "Oppa-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" He screamed, his face contorted with rage, jaws clenched and lips curled. His voice was so thunderous and his eyes were warped into miserable black. The atmosphere turned tense as the younger brothers were astounded, failing to believe their ears. It was the very first time Jin ever got so angry. With a creased forehead, scrunched nose and flaring nostrils he started to take small steps towards her, "Why are you bothering us? Who are you to us? A worthless bitch like you can just ruin happiness. Wasn't it enough that you came back to him?! A slut probably-"

"HYUNG!" The youngest stood up at his place, with widened eyes, brows knitting together and breathing accelerated. He pulled her by her hand, trying to shield her, "You have no rights to say that! Respect a woman."

His eyes were filled with invisible sympathy, for the same person who threw him away like a bug. He stood there with trembling fingers, still holding her wrist.

Jin pinched the bridge of his nose, gripping his hair in frustration. He glared at his brother, gritting his teeth, tightening his fists, "Jeon Jungkook shut that mouth of yours before I break it! YOU MOTHERFUCKING BASTARD! RESPECT?! Where did this respect go when the same words were being used for that innocent woman?! Now you will teach me how to talk? What are you trying to show? Where was this pathetic lady 3 years ago?! Enough, everything has limits. What do you think of yourself? A toy? A money generating machine? Girls like her deserve nothing-"

"Stop. Please, I beg you, stop." Her voice trembled, as she stepped forward, with folded hands and cold tears racing down the beautiful face. "Don't say anything to him. It was my fault. Everything was my fault but please I never had loved him for his wealth."