Chapter 41

"Silent love lessons."

"Jeon Jungkook! What the hell is wrong with you?", the voice echoed in the meeting room as he kept his gaze fixed at a spot on the table. 

His eldest brother glared at him sharply, holding the financial statements of his company, making him feel guilty and helpless.

 "Can you stop being a fucking lovesick?! Goddammit!", he flinched as Jin threw the file harshly at the table, kicking the chair, heaving raging sighs. He gulped the lump, biting his lip piercing and bawled his fist tightly.

"You are degrading your company for god's sake. You are gonna be a bankrupt at this rate!", his voice lowered as his eyes looked at him with desperation and worry.

He had never seen his younger brother falling down. He never knew a Jungkook who had ever failed in this business empire. 

The atmosphere turned cold. Jin closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose and slammed his hand at the table. His heart churned as he tapped his feet on the tiled floor in rage and anxiousness. He shot open his eyes, gripped the glass kept at the corner and wolfed down the entire water in it. 

He inhaled a sharp breath, pushed back his hair and rolled up the sleeves of his black shirt.

"I'll give you funds. I'll invest in your fucking company. I'll do everything possible as a brother, but where the fuck are you gonna get other investors? What about other deals? What about other big contracts Mr. Lovesick?!"

You pinched a nerve and the pain spread like poison.

His heart shuddered at his every word. How could it not? After all everything his brother spoke was right. He lost everything for something he shouldn't have been obsessed with. His lips quivered; palms were sweating aggressively. The vision blurred as he chewed the lower chapped lip, a thin stream of blood oozing out of it.

The words were stuck in the throat. He didn't know how to give them a shape.

"SIT!", Jin commanded, dropping himself on his seat with a soft thud. The younger nodded quickly, following his command. His face was laced with apology, not towards anyone else but himself.  

"What are you lacking? Do you even know?", Jin questioned with a cold, calm voice.

The walls reverted him silence. Once again as expected the younger was quiet. These past few days he seemed quieter than usual.

Jin discharged another tired sigh. His fingers reached his forehead, as he massaged the pain away. He fixed his glassed, dabbed the sweat on the upper lip and grabbed the younger's hand with utmost tenderness.

"Jungkook-ah", he whispered, with a voice that had nothing but genuine worry. It pained his heart. The back of his eyes could feel the sudden burn. Yet he tried to stay strong.

"Is something wrong? Do you-", Jin had barely spoken when the younger cut him off. He stood up from his place, stepped back and tried his best to maintain an eye contact.

That wasn't the Jungkook he had ever seen. His forehead wrinkled as he saw him getting on his knees, "Hyung, I am sorry."

Finally, the young man uttered, after two hours of being seated here, getting scolded. 

"I had come here just for your advice. I don't want any funds. I.. I am okay, I'll fix everything myself." His lips curved into a small smile, which failed to reach his eyes. He pushed back his hair, raised back to his feet and went towards the table, collecting the scattered pages and rearranging them in the file.

When he was finally done, he turned away, ready to walk out. But before he did, he stopped to make an eye contact with his brother.

 His face was different, laced with maturity.