Chapter 22

"Am I forcing my love on you?"

"J-Jungkook?", she gasped, her heart was beating insanely.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?", he leaned at the door frame, eyes burning in fury, veins popping out his neck.

"I-", he cut her off, piercing her soul with his dangerous glares. "GET. YOUR. ASS. DOWN. RIGHT. FUCKING. NOW.", he clicked his tongue, trying to calm his anger.

She stead her breath, trying to calm the panic. Terror sucked every breath from her mouth, "Jungkook I was standing for s-some fresh a-air".

He smoldered with resentment as the rage started gripping him. With large steps he approached her, gritting his teeth. "Fresh air huh? Is this the way you take fresh air?!"

You will die and leave all this suffering for me, alone?

"I am... I am sorry", he covered up the distance between the two. With knitted brows and bristled face he pulled her with a great force, she landed on his buff chest.

"HOW MANY MORE LIES YOU HAVE TO TELL TO ME?! HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU WANT ME TO DESPISE MY TRUST OVER YOU?!", he screamed, the hold over her wrist softened. He removed her falling hair from the face and bent a little closer. Her eyes distended and breath hitched at the unexpected proximity. She could feel his hot breath fanning over her lips making her go insane to attach her lips to his.

"If you are planning to die, then better find some other day and some other place", he jerked her body, leaving her bewildered and left the room.

She divulged a sigh, ruffling her hair and collapsed on the floor. Her eyes were fixated at a point. "I don't want to die Jungkook but this world doesn't want me to live either. How can I continue to live when you are not a part of this life? How can I forgive myself when I can't make you forgive me?" Her eyes got packed with tears. She rested her head against the wall, staring at the setting sun. Her stomach growled, both for food and his love.

Her eyes shifted to the door. He was standing there with a tray of food. His eyes had the usual coldness. But she knew he cared. Even if it was negligible. But he did.

"I can eat by myself." Her eyes were lost in his face. He looked beautiful even with the cut on his forehead. "Jungkook-", he glared, making her shut. Her heart swelled with happiness as he shoved the food in her mouth. The wind blowing made his hair tangled, partially falling on his forehead. Her fingers unknowingly reached his face, fixing his bangs. She passed to him a small smile, tired and full of hope but he was expressionless.

"Do you really hate me so much Jungkook?", she whispered audible enough for him to hear. His lifted his gaze, staring in her blue hazel orbs. "Am I so unlovable Jungkook?", she spoke again, his heart was tightening knots. He continued to look at her while she turned her head to the side.

You aren't unlovable but maybe I forgot how to love.

~

"You so perfect Jungkook", she smiled to herself, holding the bracelet in her hands, the same which their son had made. She quickly peeped down, looking at her own. "Maybe the reason we ain't compatible?"

~

"Why can't you come back Yumi? Why do you have to punish me so hard? You left me. She left me. Everybody left me."

She halted outside his room, hearing his voice. Her legs stiffened hearing her name.

"Y/N? Why is she even making the efforts when she destroyed it by her own self? Why can't she understand that she is hurting me more. Her presence is hurting me more."

The door was slightly opened, making her curious. She peeked in, only to make her heart shatter to pieces. He sat on his desk, holding the picture of his best friend and her. The light in his room was dim but she could see clearly. She saw him crumbling the picture of Yumi, throwing it in the dustbin.

He held her picture, gripping it very tightly. His knuckles turned white. "Why aren't you happy now after seeing me suffering? WHY?!" She flinched. "WHY DID YOU EVEN COME BACK? JUST TO MAKE ME HATE MYSELF MORE? Or perhaps you think seeing you everyday, I'll start hating Yumi?"

She teared apart from the spot, walking hastily towards her room. Her eyes had the tears, resting on the bridge. She wiped her nose, messed her hair and barged in her room. Her eyes eyed her disheveled self in the mirror. "Why don't you just say it to my face? WHY DON'T YOU JEON JUNGOOK?!" She pushed down the cosmetic from the table top, the tears betraying her eyes. Tears of anger and heartbreak.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Jimin hyung can we grab a few glasses together?", he asked over the phone, spraying his perfume and stuffing his feet in his slippers.

~

"Cheers!", he swung the glass in the air and sipped the third glass of alcohol, scrunching his nose.

"So, what's with life Jungkook?" Jimin placed the glass on the table, looking at the drunk figure of Jungkook. He inhaled the smell of his drink, tracing the tip of his glass. "One more please!", he turned to face the dance floor, tapping his feet to the rhythm of the high pitched music. "... It's the same. Boring, dull and lonely."

The elder sighed, placing his hand on the younger's shoulder, "Why do you hate her? Why are you hating her just for a dead friend? Why are you hurting yourself?"

He chuckled darkily, dropping the calm mood and raised a brow facing him. "What did you just say? You know everything then why are you saying this Jimin? Are you fucking out of your mind? Hating her for a dead friend? The fuck is wrong with you?"

Jimin placed the glass on the table, fixing his plain black T-shirt. "It's not me. It's you. You are fucking out of your mind."

He laughed cockily, banging his spare hand on the counter top. "WOW! WOW JIMIN, WOW! I CAN'T EVEN HATE HER NOW? I CAN'T EVEN HATE HER FOR DISRESPECTING MY BEST FRIEND NOW-"

"WRONG!", Jimin jolted up from his seat. "You never told her about Yumi from the start-"

"OH PLEASE. SHUT THE FUCK UP WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING. I DIDN'T TELL HER? OR WAS IT HER? She knew everything. She knew about Yumi all along. She even knew we were friends from childhood. SHE FUCKING KNEW IT ALL."

"Then w-why?", Jimin whispered.

"Because she was the sister of her dead brother's wife. Yumi was the sister of of Yunhyung's wife."

EDIT: The name of the book is being changed to AMBIVALENCE. Please don't get confused. Thank you for the love you have been showering this book with ♡