Chapter 30

"Never planned that one day I'd be losing you. "

The silence floated in the air as she sat beside him in the back seat of the cab. She clutched her blue mom jeans tightly, her heart beating profusely at the proximity. He cleared the throat, trying to lessen up the tension in the air.

"H-How long will it take for you to get rid of your cast?", she stuttered, staring at his perfect face from the corner of her almond eyes. He inhaled a deep breath, pushed back a few of the bangs falling on his forehead and tilted his head to face the rain from the window. "I-I don't know. Maybe today?"

She pressed her lips in a thin fine line, pulling his free hand in her grip and caressed the back with her thumb.

I hope you make me stay.

He felt nothing at the moment, no hate, no love. Just confusion. Was he falling in love again? Was it appropriate enough to name the feelings growing in him love? He passed to her a tiny smile, scanning her visuals. She was perfect for him once but now the glass through which he was looking at her had a crack. A very evident, never able to be fixed again. Yet he was trying. Trying to get back the things he lost.

He felt a soft thud on his shoulder and cascaded down his sight. There she was sitting, head resting on his shoulder. He could read her very well. She was tired, too tired to even try but still she was. And after so many things if she could then what's wrong with him giving it a try?

~

She held the yellow umbrella over both of them as they walked inside the hospital. They stopped at the reception as she placed the wet umbrella in the holder and took their seats in the waiting room.

She fidgeted with her fingers, staring at the cold tiles while Jungkook stared at her side profile.

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook?" The nurse broke the awkward silence, peeping out of the door with a register in her hand, dressed nicely in a white attire.

They raised their hands, stood up and were about to leave when her heel bumped into the stand. She closed her eyes tightly, ready to face her fate. But nothing ever happened. A gasp escaped her rosy lips as a hand snaked around her waist tightly. A familiar but unexpected hand.

She opened the eyes in no less than a second. Her jaw dropped, seeing him so close, holding her so tight as if there will be no tomorrow. His eyes had the evident worry, her eyes had that evident hope. "Are you okay?", he laced out the words so elegantly. Her heart somersaulted every time she saw him blink his long, beautiful eyelashes.

"Yeah", she gulped the lumped, quickly getting away from him. The blood rushed up to her head. The whole face was red. He chuckled silently, it was not new to him. He knew well how to make her feel special, but now he just didn't feel the same. His heart was beating faster as he paced his steps with her, entering the doctor's cabin.

Pushing away was easier than making you stay.

"Mr. Jungkook you are absolutely fine now. Thanks to Ms. Y/N, she took really good care of you." They both faced each other, making a short eye contact, the lips curved into a small smile.

"Do I need to visit again Jimin?", he asked with a tint of hesitation. Jimin smirked, scratched his nape and scooted closer, "Only if you break your bones again." She pressed her lips tightly, suppressing her laughter. The younger had his expressions changed, cold and a sulking one.

She failed, bursting in a big laugh catching the attention of the two males. Her lover looked at her with an adorable gaze, not getting enough of the sight. To him it was the best sight he saw in a while. All he could blame himself was never being able to make her laugh, since the day she came back.

"How are you Y/N?", Jimin started, looking at her with a soft smile. She had a puzzled look.

"It's been a while since we last talked", he spoke again. A smile never leaving his plum lips.

Jungkook saw her struggling. He knew well she was gonna lie again. Lie about being fine when she was not. Lie about being happy when she was not.

"I am fine", she tucked back her hair strand. The arrow hit the right spot. His every assumption was true. Yet he was helpless. He had no courage to tell about her actual state.

"Let's meet often? I missed talking to you", she looked at Jimin with soft eyes filled with nothing but confusion and struggles. She nodded in tiny, passing to him a small smile. Her heart felt the warmth she had been missing. The back of her eyes burnt, but she pushed back the tears. Her fingers pulled closer her bag as she stood up with Jungkook, took a glance at him and felt herself drowning in his black mysterious orbs.

"Bye Jimin", he shook hands with his friend and walked out with her.

~

Walking back to their home as they both hadn't come by car, she smiled warmly as the breeze hit her face, blowing her bangs. Maybe few moments are always meant to be cherished well or aren't they? Walking by his side as he admired her beauty, his hand touched her bare skin, giving her shivers. The smile reached her eyes, the atmosphere felt so good.

"Y/N?", he uttered with the most delicate voice she had ever heard.

They stopped in the tracks as he held her hand and stepped closer. Her heart was beating fast. Her breath was hitching with every passing second. He looked so beautiful. His fingers reached her face, caressing her cheeks.

"You look pretty today", her cheeks blushed hard. Her sight dropped down, he smiled pulling her in a tight hug.

"I am sorry for talking about your brother like that", he cooed in her ears. She gripped his jacket tightly, snuggling deeper in his chest and nodded, "It's okay Jungkook."

- - -

A short and soft chapter ♡

Things gonna get very spicy from now, hold your seat belts tight.