Chapter 7

⚠️ MATURE CHAPTER ⚠️

- - -

"Let's ride this love ride together."

Her eyes made a contact with her fading image at the dark window glass, as she gently held onto some alcohol and a freshly published magazine. She was wearing a pair of silk shorts and shirt, her thin, long, veiny legs looking good underneath the piece of clothing. The wind rustled through the empty streets and she dragged her feet, churning the silence of her house and stepped out in the balcony.

"You are too good to let go", she whispered under her breath, settling on the armed chair, with a hiss of exhaustion from the long day. She went through the pages of the magazine taking huge sips of the chilled alcohol, before stopping at the interview, given by her ex.

She felt proud seeing him succeeding and growing every day.

Jeon Jungkook, CEO of the year.

Her eyes scanned every question, every word, every sentence he had uttered, trying to figure out his state through that. She gasped inaudibly, louder than expected encountering with the depth of one of the questions, checking onto her breaths.

INTERVIEWER: Mr. Jeon, your life has always been a center of attraction in the business world. The day your wife divorced you, accusing you for cheating, the world began to question your character. How much has it impacted you? Did you ever think that the isolation and losses caused you to seek revenge?

JUNGKOOK: Thank you for showing your concern but it's my personal life. Whatever it caused to me stays with me. It has no relation to my professional life. All this while I had been avoiding talking about it but now, I think I should clarify my views. Accusations don't matter, I know what I was doing. Please don't try to influence me with words. Thank you so much. I would not like to talk about it anymore.

If I wait for you, will you come back to me?

...

She cozied up in her bed, wrapping the duvet around herself, taking a sip of her coffee. She licked the partially dried lips, heaving a sigh of defeat, not knowing if it would be good to contact him at the moment. 

After a while of pondering she gave into that conviction, placing the phone beside her ear with a palpitating heart. Her body could feel the heat rising through the bones as she gulped, wiping the sweat across her lined forehead.

She waited for awhile until he picked up the phone after 8 rings, "Yeah?" He sounded a bit tired, drunk and annoyed. A mixture of the bad boy heartthrob of the fictional stories. She felt the jiggles down her clit, as she clenched the bedsheet a little tighter. She mustered up some strength, biting her tongue and inner cheeks, pushing her hair off her right shoulder, "It's Saturday tomorrow, shall I pick up Subin?"

"Damn it, you still know the roads? I thought 3 years must have erased the memory", he spoke with a scoff, biting his lips to control himself from lashing out on her, "I'll drop him, don't you fucking come."

She pinched the bridge of her nose, cutting down on her annoyance, and grumbled, "You still on line?"

"You still have more to ramble?", he raised a brow, mocking her through his words.

"The fuck is wrong with you? Why do you have to be so god damn rude everytime I talk?", she whisper yelled, clenching her first, gritting her teeth.

He laugh sarcastically, running his fingers down his hair, "It's an easy price for you to pay atleast, just keep on listening to those unharming insults."