Chapter 36

"You made my nightmares turn into pleasant dreams."

..Flashback..

"It's nearly two in the morning, why are you still up?", he sat next to her, rubbing his eyes and messing up his hair. 

The pink teddy pajama set looked cute on him. She bit her inner cheek, preventing herself from squishing his cheeks. 

Her back straightened as she sipped onto her coffee and continued to look at the black majestic sky.

"I.. I can't sleep" she mumbled.

He sighed heavily, fully awaken by now, "Are you having nightmares honey?"

She snuggled in his chest as he pulled her close, pouting with her rosy, pink lips. He caressed her hair, placing a peck on top of her head, "I'll stay with you while you are up."

..Flashback Ends..

He puffed out a smoke ring, adjusting the cigarette between his index finger and thumb. The eyes were void of sleep. What an irony, it was two in the morning. At this point he felt hopeless, tired of everything, irritated and weak,"I stayed up with you and you took away my sleep." He threw the cigarette out of the balcony, jolting up from the beige couch, picking up his dusky brown sweater lying next to him.

The car pulled up in a small alley as he jogged out, walking towards the convenience store. He legs halted in front of the ramen section and he picked up his favorites.

The chilly night seemed best for the cup of hot noodles to be his company. He shoved the bucks in the hands of the cashier and hurried back to his car.

"Aah", he slurped a big bite and chugged in some Soju. It had been just 10 minutes since he came back and already three cups of noodles were lying empty. Well, what to expect from a man who hadn't eaten for the whole day?

He wiped the drool off his lips carelessly, wanting to just knock down on his bed.

"The blonde headed guy?", he squinted his eyes, scrunched his nose and pushed back a few of his teal dyed bangs as his eyes stared the guy just entering the same store he had left.

"Should I wait to say him a hi?", he pouted, eyes barely open. He was both drunk and sleepy. He smiled sluggishly, scratching his forehead, "No. I won't. He makes me feel less handsome."

~

Standing in the balcony, her eyes knocked about the black oceanic sky as she smiled at the twinkling stars.

"Pretty", the mouth whispered as a soft breeze hit the face, blowing the hair, tangling them beautifully.

The eyes shut while she held the railing and inhaled in some fresh air. A tear rolled down the rosy cheek. The shining moon absorbed all the negative heat radiated by her body as she continued to stare at it with moist eyes, "You brought to me a magic shop Jeonghan."

Her fingers carelessly tied her hair in a messy bun. The exposed tattoo on her neck looked beautiful. It was the one she got after 7 months of her divorce.

'That's how things happen.' She tried to seek comfort in those four words when she was lonely, hurt and guilty. She had no one, and the one who wanted to stay was pushed far away.

She licked the chapped lips and pressed them into a thin line, brushing off the wrinkles from her silk shirt, "Thank you Jeonghan. Hope we stay together for long."

"We will", she flinched as Jeonghan snaked his hands around her tiny waist, "Hani, you scared me!"

"Did you had fun eating ramen all alone?", she pouted, looking adorable. He passed a cheeky smile, resting his chin on her shoulder, "Hehe, sorry. Anyways what are you doing here? It's cold."