Chapter 8

"I need a sailor for my lost ship, will you be the one?"

She strolled through the stores, holding onto her son's hand. Her legs were throbbing with immense pain but she was too determined to not let him guess anything. Meanwhile the young man kept on following them, like a shadow. He was tired too, eyes drooping with every step he took.

A gush of wind hit them, cooling the dying blood in the veins. She inhaled a deep breath, eyes fluttering to stay open, "Subin, do you want something else sweety?"

It seemed like the young kid was still bursting with energy, "YES! I WANT LOTS OF TOYS!"

She nodded, passing to him a small, weary smile, "Let's tell dad okay?"

She stopped abruptly, making him stop too and turned to face him. Her heart felt guilty looking at his state. His one had was injured and the other was holding dozens of bags, "Jungkook if you are too tired you can wait here while I and Subin go and get some toys for him."

He shuddered his head, heaving a sigh. His shirt was messed, partially tucked in his blue denim jeans. The bangs were falling on his broad forehead. His chapped lips were still kissable. "I'll come too-", he had barely spoken when his phone rang.

"You guys go ahead, I'll be back quickly."

His eyes widened once he returned.

She stood in front of him, like a mannequin, hands shivering, holding the edges of her top. The drinks she was holding were lying on the dusty ground, scattered everywhere.

The sweat bead rolled down her forehead, resting on her long, slim neck. Her eyes were withering away, the lump in her throat was the hardest thing to gulp. The night was supposed to be beautiful, but it was turning into something wrong.

He slid the phone in his pocket and ran towards her, clenching his jaws, gritting his teeth.

"Hey beautiful", the drunkard husked, making her shut her eyes. A tear rolled down her eye, she fisted her hands tightly as her knuckles turned pale. Her son was safe, inside the shop, looking at everything with his helpless eyes.

The man gently grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards his chest. His hands traversed her face, tracing her chin. His hot breaths were fanning against his neck, "You are pretty, and I don't let pretty things go away-"

He was thrown to the side as Jungkook punched his face, the corner of his lip bleeding badly. His eyes were red, in anger and worry.

He passed to her a quick, angry glance and stepped closer to the injured man. He lifted him by his collar, not caring about the pain in his injured arm.

His eyes had tears, setting on the brim.

He bit the inner cheek and gripped his neck firmly, "How dare you?! HOW DARE YOU DO THAT?!"

He was screaming, but no one cared. They walked away as if nothing happened.

"I-I am sorry", the man coughed as he threw him on the ground like trash, "Leave before I kill you!"

"Can't you be serious and careful in your life?! Are you fucking out of your mind?! You have a kid with you, for god's sake, at least think about him! What would have happened if I was not there? Can't you see where you are walking huh? What are you waiting for? To rust your brain to death?" He growled, once he came back to her.

"Jungk-"

"Where the fuck is my son?!"

"S-Shop."

He pushed her by her shoulder, taking large steps towards the shop. His eyes were spitting his anger and messing up with him at this moment was the last thing she wanted. She stood there, looking at him dragging their son out of the place.