Chapter 35

"The endless road led me to somewhere which wasn't what I asked for."

JEONGHAN's POV

"A-Ah", he whimpered, with a small pout on his lips. She shook her head in amusement and continued on with pressing the cotton dab on his forehead. He gripped her spare hand and closed his eyes. She scoffed and caressed it with her thumb, "Who asked you to be the hero if you can't bear this?"

"Because the cat was cute and I can't see cute things in trouble", he sulked as she pulled her hand away after being done. "So, you'll climb a tree to save her when you don't know how to even get off one?", she raised a brow closing the first aid box.

"I didn't know it was this high", he whined, pushing the first aid box aside and laid down on her lap. Her fingers pushed through his hair, caressing them lovingly while he had his eyes closed, feeling the breeze hitting his face as they were sitting in the balcony.

I can't see you in trouble too, bimbo.

"Y/N?", he called her out, sitting up. Her back stiffened. He never called her by her name and if he did it must be something very serious. She gulped the lump, pushing back her nervousness and lifted up her gaze. Her beautiful blue eyes gawked into his black ones.

"Who is Jungkook?"

Her eyes widened in horror and despair. Her heart was on fire once again, her body started to tremble. She licked her lips, her eyes dwelled up. She furrowed her brows before pointing her index finger at him, "H-How do you know him?"

"You were saying his name in your sleep yesterday", he spoke, with a hoarse voice. A smile still planted on his lips. He in no way wanted to make her feel uncomfortable.

"He.. He is my ex-husband", her voice broke down. The surroundings suddenly felt gloomy.

He could see her unstable vision as she started to look everywhere but him. He held her hand, pulling her closer and hugged her tightly. She flinched as he caressed her hair and whispered in her ears, "It's okay. You can cry."

A tear rolled down, followed by uncountable more. She whimpered, clutching his shirt tightly, sobbing miserably. Her cries were so painful to hear.

"I-I It was my fault. It was my fault to fall in love. I don't deserve any love. I hurt him, I made him p-push me away", his eyes teared up too. He couldn't see her in tears. He pulled her away, wiping her tears with his thumbs. The tip of her nose was red, her lips were swollen, and eyes became puffy. He passed her a smile, tucking her hair strand behind her ear, "You deserve a lot of love bimbo, you are an angel. You are my angel."

~

"Will he like me?", he looked nervous, making her laugh. She flickered his forehead and pinched the bridge of his nose, "This is the tenth time you are asking me Hani. I promise he will love you-"

"Hi beautiful", a young man cut her off. He looked handsome, a little older than Jeonghan. He pulled off his shades. His eyes were shining brightly. The smile had a magic. She stood up from her place in an instant and jumped on him, hugging him like there is no tomorrow. He laughed wrapping his hands around her tiny body, "I missed you so much Hoseok." He stroked her hair, as she inhaled his scent.

They teared apart, settling on the table. The blonde headed boy had his gaze fixed on the checkered pattern tablecloth, fidgeting with his fingers. 

"Hi, I am Jung Hoseok", he got startled, a hand resting in front of him. He looked up, eyes gawking in the deep orbs of another man. His wide smile made him feel at ease. He returned the greeting, wrapping his warm hand around his, "I am Yoon Jeonghan."

The time went by in a blink of eye as the three of them talked and laughed together. The sun was on the verge of setting. The evening was beautiful for her, she felt strangely calm. They sipped onto their coffees and chewed the extra-large pizza. 

"The mess you are", she pouted as Hoseok towered over her, wiping the crumbs from the corner of her lips. Jeonghan had his eyes fixed on them. The closeness between them made him question, would he ever be able to get this close to her? Would he ever be able to make her this comfortable with him?